Customer Service Specialist
Posted on Monday, February 12, 2024
Hello there. We’re Zopa.
We started our journey back in 2005, building the first ever peer-to-peer lending company. Fast forward to 2020 and we launched Zopa Bank. A bank that listens to what our customers don’t like about finance and does the opposite. We’re redefining what it feels like to work in finance. Our vision for a new era of banking puts people front and centre — we’ve built a business that empowers everyone to aim high, every day, to move finance forward. Find out more about our fantastic offerings at Zopa.com!
We’re incredibly proud of our achievements and none of it would be possible without the amazing team here. It’s not just industry awards we’re winning, we’ve also been named in the top three UK’s Most Loved Workplaces.
If you embrace unconventional challenges, are unafraid to think differently and are driven to make an outsized impact, you’ll thrive here at Zopa, so join us, and make it count. Want to see us in action? Follow us on Instagram @zopalife
As a Customer Service Specialist, you’ll be interacting with both prospective and existing customers daily via phone, email and live chat, helping to solve queries regarding new loan applications, existing loan management as well as our Credit Card and Savings products!
We’re looking for natural problem-solvers with the ability to relay information clearly to ensure the best possible customer experience. This is an excellent opportunity for someone with customer service experience in a financial services environment paired with a real passion for providing a first-rate customer journey to come in and hit the ground running! 😊
This role operates a shift pattern covering 5 days a week, 7.5 hour shifts, over 37.5 hours from Monday to Saturday, covering the hours 8am-8pm Monday - Friday, and 9am - 5:30pm on Saturday - you will likely work one Saturday a month.
This is a hybrid role - the team work in our London Bridge office on Tuesdays and Thursdays.
A day in the life:
- Answer inbound contact from potential and existing customers via telephone, live chat and email
- Build relationships with customers, demonstrating a clear understanding of their needs. Going the extra mile to provide resolutions and mitigate complaints
- Provide customers with information on products, services and processes
- Resolve any customer queries and update systems and accounts accordingly
- Action customer requests. For example - taking payments, settlement figures, change of personal details, change DD details
- Administration duties such as customer letters, other departmental requests on customers’ accounts, customer call backs, KYC
- We’re looking for great communication skills, experience in customer services gained within financial services, the ability to demonstrate initiative and the ability to manage administration tasks accurately whilst providing a high level of customer service
- You’ll understand the importance of treating customers fairly and hold a track record for going the extra mile to ensure that the customer feels valued
- You’ll have the confidence, patience and flexibility necessary to connect with a wide range of people and adapt effectively in a fast-paced environment.
- You’re able to think on your feet and communicate effectively, asking clarifying questions and offering simple explanations to complex issues
- Alongside your natural rapport-building talents, you are a fast learner with an exceptionally high attention to detail and can adapt efficiently to new concepts and systems.
- You look forward to contributing positively to the team dynamic and hitting the ground running in true Zopian style
Flexible working? Yes please!
At Zopa we value flexible ways of working. We understand the benefits of face-to-face collaboration and the importance of a good work life balance. Our teams work in a hybrid manner from our open-plan, riverside London Bridge office and the comfort of their own homes at a frequency that suits the team and the work they do.
Not only that – you'll also have the option of working from abroad for up to 120 days a year!* But no matter where you are, we’ll make sure you’ve got everything you need to thrive, both in your work and home life, from day one.
*Subject to having the right to work in the country of choice
Zopa is proud to offer a workplace free from discrimination. Diversity of experience, perspectives, and backgrounds leads to better products for our customers and a unique company culture for our people. We are made up of nearly 50 nationalities, have a DE&I forum made up of Zopians wanting to make a difference and we are proud of our culture where everyone can bring their full self to work. Our approach to DE&I is reflected in our hiring process so please let us know if you require any reasonable adjustments.