Head of Finance
Accounting & Finance
Posted on Saturday, October 28, 2023
We’re looking for a Head of Finance, to play a pivotal role in leading and managing the financial aspects of Zopa Embedded Finance. Leading a team of 6, you will be responsible for overseeing all aspects of financial planning, analysis, reporting, and control, ensuring financial health and compliance with relevant regulations. Your strategic guidance will be critical in helping “ZEF” achieve its financial goals and objectives.
ZEF is a wholly owned subsidiary of Zopa bank, which operates under the trade name of DivideBuy. It provides point of sale finance solutions to UK retailers and service providers. It was acquired by Zopa in April 2023 to be a key engine of future growth.
The successful candidate will report to the CEO, with a dotted line to the Bank Finance Director, and work closely with the ZEF Executive Team and other senior stakeholders.
A day in the life:
- Own the development of financial forecast processes across ZEF, including the annual budget, long term financial plan and provide input to the Group regulatory forecast (ICAAP, ILAAP, Recovery Plan).
- Articulating ZEF’s long term strategy in financial terms by producing accurate forecasts for P+L/Balance Sheet/Capital recognising current trends and future initiatives.
- Management reporting and analysis – design, implement and manage Exec and Board level management reporting, ensuring efficient production with clear and actionable insights at company and departmental level. Drive business decisions to achieve the company’s financial goals through the provision of financial business partnering.
- Cost management – set cost targets and budgets monitoring working with senior stakeholders to achieve targets and escalate exceptions appropriately.
- Financial strategy – supports long term strategy from a financial perspective and develop materials for fundraising or other strategic decisions
- Audit and compliance – manage the annual audit process as well as initiating, developing and enhancing financial / operational controls consistent with operating in a regulated entity.
- Evaluate and implement new systems and tools for budgeting, forecasting and management reporting including portfolio level models, and drive the movement of the team beyond Excel modelling and forecasting.
- Improve the efficiency & effectiveness of the finance team through a continuous improvement in processes
- Provide finance team with excellent leadership/training/performance management and lead the function as it continues to develop into a highly performing and highly integrated team
- Tightly work with the Group finance function, ensuring understanding of and adherence to: accounting policies, controls regime, financial systems and reporting cycle.
- Manage the production of VAT and Corporation Tax returns for the company as well as the annual audited financial statements.
- You’ll be a Qualified Accountant (ACCA/CIMA) or have extensive experience in this field
- Have demonstratable experience of leading finance teams in areas of FP&A, management reporting and statutory compliance.
- You have excellent analytical skills, highly numerate, able to engage in complex financial assessments, present complex financial ideas and models
- Strong financial modelling skills, including Excel, SQL, VBA,
- Extensive prior experience of managing interactions with senior Executives and functional leaders
- Ideally, you'll have significant experience working in a bank and/or regulated consumer lending led business
- You'll be a team player with good collaboration – able to work closely with other finance and business areas, product and technology teams in a flexible way
- Able to operate at big picture strategic level but willing and able to engage in detail in a hands on way, including developing the team and others around the business
- A clear communicator with the ability to influence with excellent written and verbal communication.
- You have excellent analytical and intellectual skills –able to engage with complex ideas and initiatives and to come up with clear recommendations and course of actions.