New Customer Acquisition Credit Card Manager
Posted on Friday, October 27, 2023
Hello there. We’re Zopa.
We started our journey back in 2005, building the first ever peer-to-peer lending company. Fast forward to 2020 and we launched Zopa Bank. A bank that listens to what our customers don’t like about finance and does the opposite. We’re redefining what it feels like to work in finance. Our vision for a new era of banking puts people front and centre — we’ve built a business that empowers everyone to aim high, every day, to move finance forward. Find out more about our fantastic offerings at Zopa.com!
We’re incredibly proud of our achievements and none of it would be possible without the amazing team here. It’s not just industry awards we’re winning, we’ve also been named in the top three UK’s Most Loved Workplaces.
If you embrace unconventional challenges, are unafraid to think differently and are driven to make an outsized impact, you’ll thrive here at Zopa, so join us, and make it count. Want to see us in action? Follow us on Instagram @zopalife
Since launching the Zopa credit card 3 years ago we've already grown to become a top 5 card issuer in the UK, amassing over 400,000 customers and being crowned the Best Credit Card Provider at the 2021 British Bank Awards.
We are looking to hire a Product Manager (New customer acquisition) to drive new customer originations for our credit cards product, to take the success of this product to the next level.
The Credit Cards Originations team is responsible everything from sourcing leads to approving a card, which means you will have broad ownership of the credit cards originations technical platforms, customer journeys, deal with key external partners and more.
Of course, you won't be doing this alone! Collaboration is in our Zopa DNA which means you'll be part of a cross-functional squad of talented and passionate engineers, designers and QA, as well as partnering with wider teams such as Credit Risk and Finance to drive our new customer originations strategy.
This is an opportunity that can give a lot of scope to supercharge your career within a fast-scalingFinTech. If this challenge excites you, we'd love to hear from you!
Day in the life:
- Product Strategy Execution: Lead the day-to-day execution of our product strategy, collaborating closely with a cross-functional team to bring innovative products to market.
- Market Analysis: Conduct thorough research and competitive analysis to inform our product and technical roadmaps. You'll play a key role in setting pricing strategies, identifying new market opportunities, and ensuring our products deliver an exceptional customer experience.
- Opportunity Identification: Identify strategic opportunities for success in the market. Your ability to spot areas for improvement will be essential in providing customers with a better experience and reducing risk for our organization.
- Risk Mitigation: Collaborate closely with various risk teams to ensure that our credit and operational risk mitigation strategies align with our business goals. Your expertise in risk management will be crucial to our success.
- Technical Collaboration: Work in collaboration with technical teams to ensure that technical builds align with the intended product strategy. You'll also focus on future-proofing our systems and optimizing efficiency.
- Technology Alignment: Understand how various teams within the company interact with our technology. Ensure that our technology infrastructure is fit for purpose and supports the needs of our organization.
- Previous Experience: You have a proven track record in Product or Technical Product roles, demonstrating your ability to drive product success through growth via new originations, in a regulated consumer credit company, preferably credit cards.
- Commercial Acumen: You understand credit risk dynamics and how aggregator market works.
- Cross-Functional Collaboration: Your strong stakeholder management skills and experience working with cross-functional teams are crucial to excel in this role.
- Output-Oriented: You have an output-focused mindset and understand how to prioritize tasks effectively in a constantly evolving environment to maximize value.
- Customer-Centric: Your passion for customers and technology drives your work, and you're committed to delivering solutions that meet and exceed their expectations.
- Problem Solver: You are adept at identifying gaps and solving problems. Your approach combines logical thinking with empathy, ensuring that solutions are effective and customer-centric.
Please note: No candidate will meet every single desired qualification. If your experience looks a little different from what we’ve identified and you think you can bring value to the role, we’d love to learn more about you!
Flexible working? Yes please!
At Zopa we value flexible ways of working. We understand the benefits of face-to-face collaboration and the importance of a good work life balance. Our teams work in a hybrid manner from our open-plan, riverside London Bridge office and the comfort of their own homes at a frequency that suits the team and the work they do.
Not only that – you'll also have the option of working from abroad for up to 120 days a year!* But no matter where you are, we’ll make sure you’ve got everything you need to thrive, both in your work and home life, from day one.
*Subject to having the right to work in the country of choice
Zopa is proud to offer a workplace free from discrimination. Diversity of experience, perspectives, and backgrounds leads to better products for our customers and a unique company culture for our people. We are made up of nearly 50 nationalities, have a DE&I forum made up of Zopians wanting to make a difference and we are proud of our culture where everyone can bring their full self to work. Our approach to DE&I is reflected in our hiring process so please let us know if you require any reasonable adjustments.