Lead Talent Partner - Product and Analytics
Product, People & HR, Data Science
Posted on Friday, September 15, 2023
Hello there. We’re Zopa.
We started our journey back in 2005, building the first ever peer-to-peer lending company. Fast forward to 2020 and we launched Zopa Bank. A bank that listens to what our customers don’t like about finance and does the opposite. We’re redefining what it feels like to work in finance. Our vision for a new era of banking puts people front and centre — we’ve built a business that empowers everyone to aim high, every day, to move finance forward. Find out more about our fantastic offerings at Zopa.com!
We’re incredibly proud of our achievements and none of it would be possible without the amazing team here. It’s not just industry awards we’re winning, we’ve also been named in the top three UK’s Most Loved Workplaces.
If you embrace unconventional challenges, are unafraid to think differently and are driven to make an outsized impact, you’ll thrive here at Zopa, so join us, and make it count. Want to see us in action? Follow us on Instagram @zopalife
Who are the Talent Team?!
The talent team are at the heart of Zopa Banks exciting growth plans and play the important role of bringing in exceptional talent to help us reach our business goals. We're a close team part of a wider People function of around 25 Zopians, and although each Talent Partner has responsibility for their own business areas, our work crosses over all the time so we work in a highly collaborative way. Our office is based in London Bridge and we'd expect the role holder to be in the office on average 2 days per week.
The Lead Talent Partner role
This role will report into the Head of Talent based in London. The role will be responsible for driving the recruitment strategy and delivery across the Product, Analytics and Leadership domains for Zopa Group.
For this Lead role, partnering closely with our exec stakeholders such as our Chief Commercial Officer and Chief strategy Officer will be key. We’re looking for someone who has a genuine interest in our products and the digital world and who wants to get under the skin of the teams they are working with to help identify and retain the right people for Zopa. You’ll embed yourself into the culture to understand and shape their talent needs for now and the future. As such, succession planning and talent pooling will become an important success factor within this role.
You’ll also play a key role in our early careers strategy, owning and driving the graduate and early career programme and take great care to deliver on our diversity goals and innovative assessment techniques.
This is a new and exciting role for the TA team, one that will come with a huge agenda of things to do in this space! We'll be looking for someone experienced and motivated enough to carve out the right agenda to support this groups stakeholders, their peers and the wider people function.
- Strong track record in successful Product Management and analytics recruitment predominantly at a senior level with expert understanding of the product management market place trends and movements – be the expert in your field and help us be the recruitment centre of excellence
- Experience in-house is a must – ideally in a fast growing, technology focused role partnering with C-Suite and Exco stakeholders
- Manage and prioritise your own workload - balance working autonomously in your own business area with being a supportive member of a small team
- Delivery focused and results driven - committed to getting great talent outcomes for Zopa and willing to put the extra work in when it’s needed
- Excellent verbal communication and written communication skills - we talk a lot to our stakeholders and you’ll need to be able to influence and steer them in new directions, gain buy-in and fly the flag for our talent team internally
- Commercially minded – have a business approach to talent and how that works for Zopa
- Creative and love to share ideas or try new things. We enjoy working together on wider people team processes and projects. If you’ve got some new thinking, we want to hear it
- Curious, open minded and flexible – as we grow fast things are changing all the time so you need to be comfortable with ambiguity and have a pragmatic approach around this
- Proactive – if you find something that doesn’t work, fix it! We are driven to improve and better how we work so help us create and shape our talent function and challenge the norm.
- Passion for fintech – you’ll be technically and digitally savvy and genuinely interested in what we do
- Humility and good humour - high empathy and low ego is our special sauce 😊
Flexible working? Yes please!
At Zopa we value flexible ways of working. We understand the benefits of face-to-face collaboration and the importance of a good work life balance. Our teams work in a hybrid manner from our open-plan, riverside London Bridge office and the comfort of their own homes at a frequency that suits the team and the work they do.
Not only that – you'll also have the option of working from abroad for up to 120 days a year!* But no matter where you are, we’ll make sure you’ve got everything you need to thrive, both in your work and home life, from day one.
*Subject to having the right to work in the country of choice
Zopa is proud to offer a workplace free from discrimination. Diversity of experience, perspectives, and backgrounds leads to better products for our customers and a unique company culture for our people. We are made up of nearly 50 nationalities, have a DE&I forum made up of Zopians wanting to make a difference and we are proud of our culture where everyone can bring their full self to work. Our approach to DE&I is reflected in our hiring process so please let us know if you require any reasonable adjustments.