Senior Design Researcher
Posted on Friday, August 11, 2023
Hello there. We’re Zopa.
We started our journey back in 2005, building the first ever peer-to-peer lending company. Fast forward to 2020 and we launched Zopa Bank. A bank that listens to what our customers don’t like about finance and does the opposite. We’re redefining what it feels like to work in finance. Our vision for a new era of banking puts people front and centre — we’ve built a business that empowers everyone to aim high, every day, to move finance forward. Find out more about our fantastic offerings at Zopa.com!
We’re incredibly proud of our achievements and none of it would be possible without the amazing team here. It’s not just industry awards we’re winning, we’ve also been named in the top three UK’s Most Loved Workplaces.
If you embrace unconventional challenges, are unafraid to think differently and are driven to make an outsized impact, you’ll thrive here at Zopa, so join us, and make it count. Want to see us in action? Follow us on Instagram @zopalife
About the role
We’re looking for a Senior Design Researcher to join the Zopa team. Reporting to the Head of Product and Service Design, you’ll be responsible for running strategic research projects as well as overseeing the research carried out by product teams. Working hands-on across all our products and teams, you'll have a meaningful impact on a large scale.
A day in the life:
- Planning and conducting end-to-end research approach including a variety of methods including desk, qualitative and quantitative research.
- Proactively deliver thematic/strategic research in line with business priorities in addition to that requested by product teams.
- Collaborating with product teams as they conduct research to provide a ‘subject matter expert’ view on their business challenges.
- Managing several research workstreams across teams to time and budget.
- Driving the strategy for our research touchpoints and tooling
- Creating compelling research deliverables that engage and influence a variety of audiences.
- Managing agencies and third-party suppliers where needed.
- Facilitating workshops, sprints and another collaborative activities to bring stakeholders together around research findings.
- Managing and developing our research repository.
- Managing our customer panel including recruitment, participant engagement and regulatory compliance.
- Developing our capabilities around inclusive research.
- Working in an agile way in alignment with our product teams.
- Be accountable for your growth as an individual practitioner and growing the research capabilities of our product teams.
- An advocate for the needs of Zopa's current and potential customers.
- You can demonstrate experience in using both qualitative and quantitative research methods
- You’re happy working with both strategic and tactical research (e.g. usability testing) where needed.
- Have experience in matching the research methodology at the task at hand, knowing when to take a pragmatic approach to balancing depth and speed.
- Can present insights that are actionable for your stakeholders and drive business decisions.
- Are passionate about driving engagement with the practice across a wide group of stakeholders.
- Have experience taking complex problems and solving them in innovative ways, embracing a curious and flexible mindset, Iterative thinking and ‘learning by doing’.
- You’re confident in communicating with stakeholders of all levels.
- Are passionate about research and excited to drive excellence in our practice through incorporating new techniques and tools.
- Enjoy and thrive in a fast-paced environment with short feedback loops.
- You have a passion for inclusivity and accessibility.
You should have a portfolio of work showing your process from challenge to solution and its impact. Ideally your portfolio will show tangible work examples of your different approaches and deliverables
Flexible working? Yes please!
At Zopa we value flexible ways of working. We understand the benefits of face-to-face collaboration and the importance of a good work life balance. Our teams work in a hybrid manner from our open-plan, riverside London Bridge office and the comfort of their own homes at a frequency that suits the team and the work they do.
Not only that – you'll also have the option of working from abroad for up to 120 days a year!* But no matter where you are, we’ll make sure you’ve got everything you need to thrive, both in your work and home life, from day one.
*Subject to having the right to work in the country of choice
Zopa is proud to offer a workplace free from discrimination. Diversity of experience, perspectives, and backgrounds leads to better products for our customers and a unique company culture for our people. We are made up of nearly 50 nationalities, have a DE&I forum made up of Zopians wanting to make a difference and we are proud of our culture where everyone can bring their full self to work. Our approach to DE&I is reflected in our hiring process so please let us know if you require any reasonable adjustments.