Product Manager - Open Banking Platform
Posted on Thursday, August 10, 2023
Hello there. We’re Zopa.
We started our journey back in 2005, building the first ever peer-to-peer lending company. Fast forward to 2020 and we launched Zopa Bank. A bank that listens to what our customers don’t like about finance and does the opposite. We’re redefining what it feels like to work in finance. Our vision for a new era of banking puts people front and centre — we’ve built a business that empowers everyone to aim high, every day, to move finance forward. Find out more about our fantastic offerings at Zopa.com!
We’re incredibly proud of our achievements and none of it would be possible without the amazing team here. It’s not just industry awards we’re winning, we’ve also been named in the top three UK’s Most Loved Workplaces.
If you embrace unconventional challenges, are unafraid to think differently and are driven to make an outsized impact, you’ll thrive here at Zopa, so join us, and make it count. Want to see us in action? Follow us on Instagram @zopalife
This is a greenfield opportunity for a detail oriented, technical Product Manager to own the build of our Open Banking data platform.
As part of a newly created squad, you'll take ownership of Zopa's external Open Banking Data APIs, internal AIS connections, and data enrichment capabilities. You will play a key role in transforming raw data into actionable and meaningful insights, ensuring we have robust connections, data management processes and easily accessible data to leverage by our product teams.
A day in the life:
- Lead the strategy, development, and management of Zopa's external Open Banking Data APIs, enabling customers to securely connect their Zopa Current Account and Credit Card data with third-party applications
- Collaborate with engineering and compliance teams to ensure seamless implementation and adherence to industry standards and regulatory requirements such as PSD2, working with the OBIE where required.
- Proactively identify opportunities to enhance API capabilities and user experience based on customer needs and market trends.
- Own and manage Zopa's internal AIS (Account Information Service) connections, responsible for feeding external banking data into the Zopa App, providing users with a holistic view of their finances.
- Partner closely with our 3rd party Open Banking partners, managing the relationship effectively
- Take ownership of the data storage and infrastructure for Open Banking data, ensuring scalability, security, and accessibility for internal product teams.
- Work closely with our Financial Management product team to design and implement enrichment layers that transform raw Open Banking data into actionable insights for users, such as upcoming bills, financial position at month's end, and transaction categorisation.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Previous experience in a technical Product Manager role
- Strong knowledge of Open Banking standards, data connectivity and data enrichment
- A natural ability to work well with ambiguity with a proactive approach to solving problems from the ground up
- Knockout interpersonal skills and a proven experience collaborating with cross-functional teams across the business including engineering, data science, compliance and more
Flexible working? Yes please!
At Zopa we value flexible ways of working. We understand the benefits of face-to-face collaboration and the importance of a good work life balance. Our teams work in a hybrid manner from our open-plan, riverside London Bridge office and the comfort of their own homes at a frequency that suits the team and the work they do.
Not only that – you'll also have the option of working from abroad for up to 120 days a year!* But no matter where you are, we’ll make sure you’ve got everything you need to thrive, both in your work and home life, from day one.
*Subject to having the right to work in the country of choice
Zopa is proud to offer a workplace free from discrimination. Diversity of experience, perspectives, and backgrounds leads to better products for our customers and a unique company culture for our people. We are made up of nearly 50 nationalities, have a DE&I forum made up of Zopians wanting to make a difference and we are proud of our culture where everyone can bring their full self to work. Our approach to DE&I is reflected in our hiring process so please let us know if you require any reasonable adjustments.