Posted on Thursday, August 10, 2023
Hello there. We’re Zopa.
We started our journey back in 2005, building the first ever peer-to-peer lending company. Fast forward to 2020 and we launched Zopa Bank. A bank that listens to what our customers don’t like about finance and does the opposite. We’re redefining what it feels like to work in finance. Our vision for a new era of banking puts people front and centre — we’ve built a business that empowers everyone to aim high, every day, to move finance forward. Find out more about our fantastic offerings at Zopa.com!
We’re incredibly proud of our achievements and none of it would be possible without the amazing team here. It’s not just industry awards we’re winning, we’ve also been named in the top three UK’s Most Loved Workplaces.
If you embrace unconventional challenges, are unafraid to think differently and are driven to make an outsized impact, you’ll thrive here at Zopa, so join us, and make it count. Want to see us in action? Follow us on Instagram @zopalife
We are looking for an experienced senior leader to join us as the Program Manager.
Effective and efficient change management is a core capability of any scaling bank, and at Zopa, we see this as a crucial competitive advantage. The Program Manager is a key leadership position responsible for overseeing and coordinating multiple projects within exciting strategic programs.
The role involves managing the program's scope, resources, timelines, budgets, and risks while providing effective communication, guidance, and support to the project teams.
You will be responsible for:
- Overseeing the management and coordination of the Zopa program portfolio, ensuring alignment with strategic priorities, resource optimisation and delivery of intended benefits.
- Program Planning: Develop and manage delivery of a comprehensive program plan, including resource requirements and budget to support the delivery of defined strategic initiatives.
- Program Governance: Establish governance mechanisms, decision making processes and reporting frameworks to provide visibility into program performance, risks, issues and resource utilisation. Ensure a pragmatic and proportionate approach is developed.
- Stakeholder Engagement: Establish and maintain strong relationships with stakeholders effectively communicating program status and insights whilst ensuring timely decision making.
- Risk Management: Identify, assess, and mitigate risks that may impact the program's success ensuring ensure strategic and operational risks and issues are identified, prioritised, assessed and mitigated.
- Overseeing lessons learned reviews relating to change effectiveness, developing a culture of continuous improvement and celebrate success.
- Acting as an ambassador for change management, staying up to date with best practices and acting as an advocate for our change journey internally and externally.
The ideal candidate will be:
- An experienced, transformational leader with within financial services, ideally Current Accounts or Payments
- Experienced across several disciplines such as strategy, product, technology, data and regulation
- Capable of building a strong and detailed understanding of the program domain they are building
- A strategic problem solver with a track record of defining and structuring complex problems
- Experienced and confident in working in multiple change methodologies (waterfall and agile)
- A strong influencer and relationship builder; adept at using influence and persuasion to gain buy-in to enable change to happen through others, with strong conflict management skills
- A people-centric leader with a track record of growing and nurturing high performing teams
Flexible working? Yes please!
At Zopa we value flexible ways of working. We understand the benefits of face-to-face collaboration and the importance of a good work life balance. Our teams work in a hybrid manner from our open-plan, riverside London Bridge office and the comfort of their own homes at a frequency that suits the team and the work they do.
Not only that – you'll also have the option of working from abroad for up to 120 days a year!* But no matter where you are, we’ll make sure you’ve got everything you need to thrive, both in your work and home life, from day one.
*Subject to having the right to work in the country of choice
Zopa is proud to offer a workplace free from discrimination. Diversity of experience, perspectives, and backgrounds leads to better products for our customers and a unique company culture for our people. We are made up of nearly 50 nationalities, have a DE&I forum made up of Zopians wanting to make a difference and we are proud of our culture where everyone can bring their full self to work. Our approach to DE&I is reflected in our hiring process so please let us know if you require any reasonable adjustments.