Associate Director - Customer Operations
Customer Service, Operations
Posted on Saturday, July 29, 2023
Hello there. We’re Zopa.
We started our journey back in 2005, building the first ever peer-to-peer lending company. Fast forward to 2020 and we launched Zopa Bank. A bank that listens to what our customers don’t like about finance and does the opposite. We’re redefining what it feels like to work in finance. Our vision for a new era of banking puts people front and centre — we’ve built a business that empowers everyone to aim high, every day, to move finance forward. Find out more about our fantastic offerings at Zopa.com!
We’re incredibly proud of our achievements and none of it would be possible without the amazing team here. It’s not just industry awards we’re winning, we’ve also been named in the top three UK’s Most Loved Workplaces.
If you embrace unconventional challenges, are unafraid to think differently and are driven to make an outsized impact, you’ll thrive here at Zopa, so join us, and make it count. Want to see us in action? Follow us on Instagram @zopalife
As Associate Director of Customer Operations, you will be part of the Operations leadership team and play a key role responsible for leading a high-performing UK operations team. You will be tasked with ensuring exceptional customer experiences, driving operational efficiency, and enhancing customer satisfaction levels across various financial products and services.
A day in the life:
- Responsible for Zopa’s Customer Service operations across multiple disciplines: Including complex customer servicing, vulnerable customer management, complaints, customer insight and back-office processes such as underwriting and admin services
- Support with the development of the Operations strategy: Partner with our Director of Operations Strategy to ensure we have a cohesive strategy aligned with business goals and objectives. This includes optimising our sourcing strategy, setting performance metrics, and implementing initiatives to enhance the customer journey and support new product initiatives
- Create a high performing culture: Manage and lead a diverse team of customer service professionals, operations analysts, and support staff. Provide clear direction, foster a positive work environment, and ensure the team is equipped with the necessary resources and training to achieve their objectives in a hybrid working environment
- Customer Experience Enhancement: Continue to challenge the status quo and evolve processes and procedures to drive efficiency and enhance customer experience whilst reducing the cost to serve throughout the entire customer lifecycle. Monitor and maintain a high level of customer satisfaction as measured by NPS, Trustpilot and CSAT
- Evolve and optimise the complaints’ function: Ensure complaints are responded to in a timely and effective manner in line with regulatory expectations and industry best practice. Ensure root cause analysis generates insight and partner with internal stakeholders to drive demonstrable improvements in customer experience
- Performance Measurement: Establish key performance indicators (KPIs) for customer operations and regularly monitor and report on performance against these metrics. Use data-driven insights to make informed decisions and drive continuous improvement
- Cross-functional Collaboration: Work cross-functionally to prepare for and ensure the smooth launch and integration of new products or processes – ensuring that change is managed within the team and appropriate monitoring is in place
- Develop a robust control environment: Ensure that all customer operations activities comply with relevant regulations and industry standards and there is a strong control environment with effective governance, monitoring, and management information. Ensure effective oversight of any relevant third party relationships
- Budget Management: Develop and manage the customer operations budget, ensuring effective resource allocation and cost control while maintaining service quality
- Extensive experience in customer operations within the financial services industry
- Strong operational leadership experience with a proven track record of delivering outstanding service results in a dynamic ‘hands on’ environment
- In-depth understanding of financial products, services, and regulatory requirements
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to engage with stakeholders at all levels
- Analytical mindset with the ability to leverage data to drive decision-making and process improvements
- Proven experience in process optimization and implementing customer-centric strategies
- Familiarity with customer service technologies and tools
- Demonstrated ability and passion to thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Experience working in fast-growth businesses and managing change effectively within that environment. You should be comfortable with ambiguity and change and be able to create clear team direction in that environment
Flexible working? Yes please!
At Zopa we value flexible ways of working. We understand the benefits of face-to-face collaboration and the importance of a good work life balance. Our teams work in a hybrid manner from our open-plan, riverside London Bridge office and the comfort of their own homes at a frequency that suits the team and the work they do.
Not only that – you'll also have the option of working from abroad for up to 120 days a year!* But no matter where you are, we’ll make sure you’ve got everything you need to thrive, both in your work and home life, from day one.
*Subject to having the right to work in the country of choice
Zopa is proud to offer a workplace free from discrimination. Diversity of experience, perspectives, and backgrounds leads to better products for our customers and a unique company culture for our people. We are made up of nearly 50 nationalities, have a DE&I forum made up of Zopians wanting to make a difference and we are proud of our culture where everyone can bring their full self to work. Our approach to DE&I is reflected in our hiring process so please let us know if you require any reasonable adjustments.