Administrator - Collections Team (hybrid)
Posted on Friday, May 26, 2023
Hello there. We’re Zopa.
We began our journey in 2005 with the drive to deliver customer-first financial products. Fast forward to 2020, we shifted gears and became a digital bank, leveraging our customer knowledge, money expertise and technical agility to forge ahead. Our diverse team is united by a mission to create simple, fair and honest financial products that have the customers’ needs at their heart.
We’re regularly recognised at industry awards for our game-changing products and are proud to be one of the market leaders in consumer lending in the UK. But our work doesn’t stop there.
After securing £220 million in our 2021 funding round led by SoftBank, we’ve entered the next stage in our journey. So far, we’ve lent out over £8 billion and made money work better for over half a million people across the UK who were looking to borrow or save with us. In less than 2 years after becoming a bank, we hit £2 billion in customer deposits and we’re also a top 5 credit card issuer in the UK. And this is just the beginning.
We’re set on achieving big things with ambitious growth targets to match. This means there's a range of opportunities for you to excel and develop through a career at Zopa, while building better banking products that truly matter to our customers.
If you embrace unconventional challenges, are unafraid to think differently and are driven to make an outsized impact, you’ll thrive here at Zopa. For a closer look at our culture, check out our latest video here. And if you want to join us, have a look at our current open roles!
The Collections and Recoveries team is a specialised team within Zopa's highly recommended customer services, dealing with borrowers in arrears and looking to find suitable solutions to remedy their accounts.
We are looking for Collections Administrators to provide administrative back office support to the Collections Team by ensuring all written and email communications are responded to appropriately within Zopa procedures and legislative requirements.
The working hours are Monday - Friday 09:00 - 17:30. You will be required to come to the office once a week on a Thursday.
A day in the life:
- Ensuring all written correspondence received is logged and responded to within internal SLA’s ensuring time sensitive documents are responded to in a timely fashion.
- Liaising with Debt Management companies and Insolvency practices by email and telephone on a case by case basis
- Responding to borrower and third party emailed queries properly to avoid repeat question
- Sending out and reviewing of Income and Expenditure schedules, checking offers made against published trigger figures and accepting or challenging offers based on outcome
- Setting arrangements based on offers relating to borrower’s financial difficulties ensuring correct payment dates and amounts input and paying party fully understands their commitment
- Ideally, you’ll have administration experience in Collections or a similar Credit Control role
- Previous experience working in a customer focused environment, with financial experience preferable
- Excellent grammatical and written communication skills
- Punctual and flexible in adapting to changing environments based on role requirements
- Confident using Microsoft Office such as Outlook, Excel and Word. Previous experience of using Salesforce would be useful but not essential
- Able to work under own initiative and suggest new and improved ways to provide best practice
- You’re friendly, empathetic and have a strong work ethic
- You’re self-motivated, show initiative and are an excellent teammate
Flexible working? Yes please!
Whether you want to come into our open-plan, riverside London Bridge office or work from the comfort of your own home (or both!), you’ll be able to decide on an approach with your manager, looking at what works best for you, your role and your team.
Not only that – you'll also have the option of working from abroad for up to 120 days a year!* But no matter where you are, we’ll make sure you’ve got everything you need to thrive, both in your work and home life, from day one.
*Subject to having the right to work in the country of choice
To thrive here, you’ll need to:
Champion our customers. Whatever your role, you’ll be close to our customers. We care passionately about doing the best for them.
Help us make fearless choices. Our environment is fast-paced, agile and open. You’ll solve interesting and challenging problems, and be trusted and empowered to bring your ideas to life.
Walk the talk. Like us, you’ll be honest, stick to your promises and face the tough moments head-on.
Win smarter. You’ll be always on the lookout for a better way of doing things, going beyond ‘good enough’ and welcoming different points of view.
Be in it together. You’ll join an ambitious, diverse and all-round approachable team with a mix of ideas and talents who inspire each other to be better every day.
Zopa is proud to offer a workplace free from discrimination. Diversity of experience, perspectives, and backgrounds leads to great products and unique company culture. We simply can’t expect to empower our customers to better manage their money without challenging the current status quo. Creating the best place for money is no easy task, which is why we need talent from all walks of life.
See more open positions at Zopa
Something looks off?