Senior Impairment Reporting Analyst
Posted on Wednesday, April 26, 2023
Hello there. We’re Zopa.
We began our journey in 2005 with the drive to deliver customer-first financial products. Fast forward to 2020, we shifted gears and became a digital bank, leveraging our customer knowledge, money expertise and technical agility to forge ahead. Our diverse team is united by a mission to create simple, fair and honest financial products that have the customers’ needs at their heart.
We’re regularly recognised at industry awards for our game-changing products and are proud to be one of the market leaders in consumer lending in the UK. But our work doesn’t stop there.
After securing £220 million in our 2021 funding round led by SoftBank, we’ve entered the next stage in our journey. So far, we’ve lent out over £8 billion and made money work better for over half a million people across the UK who were looking to borrow or save with us. In less than 2 years after becoming a bank, we hit £2 billion in customer deposits and we’re also a top 5 credit card issuer in the UK. And this is just the beginning.
We’re set on achieving big things with ambitious growth targets to match. This means there's a range of opportunities for you to excel and develop through a career at Zopa, while building better banking products that truly matter to our customers.
If you embrace unconventional challenges, are unafraid to think differently and are driven to make an outsized impact, you’ll thrive here at Zopa. For a closer look at our culture, check out our latest video here. And if you want to join us, have a look at our current open roles!
We are looking a Senior Analyst with experience in IFRS9 impairment calculation and reporting to join our Credit Modelling team; a unique blend of credit modellers, data scientists and impairment analysts.
As a Senior Impairment Reporting Analyst, you are the end user of the statistical models used to calculate impairment provisions. It is your responsibility to interpret what the models are telling us and report key insights to the business to enable them to make informed PnL decisions.
This role is much more than just reporting month end figures; you will also be responsible for annual reporting for investors and market participants, collaborating with product teams across the business to predict loss assumptions for new products/features and deep diving into product performance to influence decisions.
- Owning the monthly process for calculating IFRS9 impairment provisions and regulatory reporting
- Producing impairment forecasts to support business in annual budgeting exercises.
- Overseeing the implementation of changes to IFRS9 impairment models and undertake impact analysis.
- Finding insight in our data and explaining the trends in the impairment provisions
- Designing and maintaining the controls we have in place around our impairment calculation process
- Supporting the risk oversight team (2nd line Risk function) and contributing to delivery of various business committees on regular basis
- Working closely with stakeholders from wider business areas (Finance, Product, Data Science, Data Engineering, Collections)
- You have a minimum of 3+ years in a similar role, ideally with a retail credit portfolio
- You have a very good working knowledge on the IFRS9 regulations and impairment provisions with an appetite to become an expert
- You have experience in programming languages such as SQL or Python (Python preferred)
- You're a strong conceptual thinker with the ability to not only draw insights from data but turn them into actionable recommendations
- You have excellent oral and written communication skills with ability to translate insight into a coherent story that drives action
- You are customer obsessed - you think about customer impact with every decision you make
Flexible working? Yes please!
Whether you want to come into our open-plan, riverside London Bridge office or work from the comfort of your own home (or both!), you’ll be able to decide on an approach with your manager, looking at what works best for you, your role and your team.
Not only that – you'll also have the option of working from abroad for up to 120 days a year!* But no matter where you are, we’ll make sure you’ve got everything you need to thrive, both in your work and home life, from day one.
*Subject to having the right to work in the country of choice
To thrive here, you’ll need to:
Champion our customers. Whatever your role, you’ll be close to our customers. We care passionately about doing the best for them.
Help us make fearless choices. Our environment is fast-paced, agile and open. You’ll solve interesting and challenging problems, and be trusted and empowered to bring your ideas to life.
Walk the talk. Like us, you’ll be honest, stick to your promises and face the tough moments head-on.
Win smarter. You’ll be always on the lookout for a better way of doing things, going beyond ‘good enough’ and welcoming different points of view.
Be in it together. You’ll join an ambitious, diverse and all-round approachable team with a mix of ideas and talents who inspire each other to be better every day.
Zopa is proud to offer a workplace free from discrimination. Diversity of experience, perspectives, and backgrounds leads to great products and unique company culture. We simply can’t expect to empower our customers to better manage their money without challenging the current status quo. Creating the best place for money is no easy task, which is why we need talent from all walks of life.
See more open positions at Zopa
Something looks off?