Marketing & Communications
Posted on Friday, April 14, 2023
Hello there. We’re Zopa.
We began our journey in 2005 with the drive to deliver customer-first financial products. Fast forward to 2020, we shifted gears and became a digital bank, leveraging our customer knowledge, money expertise and technical agility to forge ahead. Our diverse team is united by a mission to create simple, fair and honest financial products that have the customers’ needs at their heart.
We’re regularly recognised at industry awards for our game-changing products and are proud to be one of the market leaders in consumer lending in the UK. But our work doesn’t stop there.
After securing £220 million in our 2021 funding round led by SoftBank, we’ve entered the next stage in our journey. So far, we’ve lent out over £8 billion and made money work better for over half a million people across the UK who were looking to borrow or save with us. In less than 2 years after becoming a bank, we hit £2 billion in customer deposits and we’re also a top 5 credit card issuer in the UK. And this is just the beginning.
We’re set on achieving big things with ambitious growth targets to match. This means there's a range of opportunities for you to excel and develop through a career at Zopa, while building better banking products that truly matter to our customers.
If you embrace unconventional challenges, are unafraid to think differently and are driven to make an outsized impact, you’ll thrive here at Zopa. For a closer look at our culture, check out our latest video here. And if you want to join us, have a look at our current open roles!
We’re looking for a Copywriter to join a Brand & Comms team tasked with creating industry disrupting campaigns across all Zopa channels.
You’ll work with the Copy Lead and Brand and Experience team to develop and drive Zopa’s tone of voice. This is a hands-on creative role, you’ll partner with teams across Zopa, crafting and developing copy across all areas from UX/UI copy to social media, marketing and long and short form copy. Placed centrally within the Zopa team structure, you’ll work across our whole product suite.
You’ll know how to write copy that makes people open emails, click buttons and complete a product journey without overwhelming them. You’ll also be eager to support on eye-catching campaigns to help us launch new products and features.
We’re building a next generation bank with multiple products, and the journey will be an adventure. This is a roll-your-sleeves-up and get stuck-in to whatever needs doing kind of job. In return, the role provides the right candidate with the opportunity to shape one of the industry’s most innovative and forward-thinking companies while developing their copy skills.
A day in the life:
- Being a rock steady support for the Copy Lead for all things written, helping to develop the brand Tone of Voice
- Being an ambassador for the Zopa tone of voice to the wider business
- Effortlessly switching between writing emails, social ads, blogs, FAQs and campaigns and knowing how to adapt for each medium
- Executing on creative briefs, working closely with internal stakeholders to create content that strengthens our relationships with our customers
- Getting stuck into detailed, complex briefs and translating them into simple customer-first language that showcases Zopa’s tone of voice
- Partnering with other creative team members including design and content to develop strong innovative creative concepts
- Pitching in to develop our tone of voice guidelines for all customer and employer brand communications
- Seeking out and seizing opportunities to add value as they arise
- Developing and maintaining good working relationships with all internal stakeholders
- Using post-campaign analysis to continuously improve the way we write
- Taking work through appropriate sign offs in line with regulations on financial promotions
- A portfolio that not only exhibits your copy skills – from both a campaign and product perspective – but also explains why and how you go about creating customer centric, impactful copy
- Demonstration of excellent written English, with a proven understanding of modern grammar and UK vernacular
- Proven experience in developing commercially-driven yet customer-focused copy
- A sound knowledge of existing and emerging platforms - Blogs, YouTube, Twitter, Instagram, Google+, Facebook and how to tailor copy to each differing audience
- A proven understanding of copy writing for UX/UI and responsive design
- Knowledge and experience of marketing communications and experience in collaborating with design and content teams
- A track record of being a strong team player, willing to pitch in and wherever necessary
- Experience in managing multiple projects simultaneously
- Demonstration of accuracy, attention to detail and organisational skills
- Ideally, you’ll have experience in the finance and/or tech industries, but this is not a dealbreaker
Please include a portfolio that not only exhibits your copy skills – from both a campaign and product perspective – but also explains why and how you go about creating customer centric, impactful copy.
Flexible working? Yes please!
Whether you want to come into our open-plan, riverside London Bridge office or work from the comfort of your own home (or both!), you’ll be able to decide on an approach with your manager, looking at what works best for you, your role and your team.
Not only that – you'll also have the option of working from abroad for up to 120 days a year!* But no matter where you are, we’ll make sure you’ve got everything you need to thrive, both in your work and home life, from day one.
*Subject to having the right to work in the country of choice
To thrive here, you’ll need to:
Champion our customers. Whatever your role, you’ll be close to our customers. We care passionately about doing the best for them.
Help us make fearless choices. Our environment is fast-paced, agile and open. You’ll solve interesting and challenging problems, and be trusted and empowered to bring your ideas to life.
Walk the talk. Like us, you’ll be honest, stick to your promises and face the tough moments head-on.
Win smarter. You’ll be always on the lookout for a better way of doing things, going beyond ‘good enough’ and welcoming different points of view.
Be in it together. You’ll join an ambitious, diverse and all-round approachable team with a mix of ideas and talents who inspire each other to be better every day.
Zopa is proud to offer a workplace free from discrimination. Diversity of experience, perspectives, and backgrounds leads to great products and unique company culture. We simply can’t expect to empower our customers to better manage their money without challenging the current status quo. Creating the best place for money is no easy task, which is why we need talent from all walks of life.
See more open positions at Zopa
Something looks off?