Senior Software Engineer (C#.NET)
Posted on Friday, July 29, 2022
Hello there. We’re Zopa.
We started our journey back in 2005, building the first ever peer-to-peer lending company. Fast forward to 2020 and we launched Zopa Bank. A bank that listens to what our customers don’t like about finance and does the opposite. We’re redefining what it feels like to work in finance. Our vision for a new era of banking puts people front and centre — we’ve built a business that empowers everyone to aim high, every day, to move finance forward. Find out more about our fantastic offerings at Zopa.com!
We’re incredibly proud of our achievements and none of it would be possible without the amazing team here. It’s not just industry awards we’re winning, we’ve also been named in the top three UK’s Most Loved Workplaces.
If you embrace unconventional challenges, are unafraid to think differently and are driven to make an outsized impact, you’ll thrive here at Zopa, so join us, and make it count. Want to see us in action? Follow us on Instagram @zopalife
Zopa’s mission is to create a richer life for everyone by making money fair and simple. We do this by building great financial products, like our award-winning personal loans and our hugely popular investment products. We’ve also launched a new Credit Card and Savings accounts. These products are underpinned by a business model which means that we win when the customer wins – unlike many other financial products which rely on customers making mistakes or being misinformed to make money.
In 2020 we launched Zopa Bank with cutting edge technologies and are looking for talented Engineers to work on bringing our products to more and more customers.
You will be working in a small, agile and adaptable cross-functional team and utilising Kafka and Kafka Streams to build a resilient, scalable backbone that powers the growth of the company. You can expect to interact with stakeholders and key business users daily. We are big believers in a lean philosophy and flexibility in implementation, while aiming to achieve stack consistency and alignment across the board. All of our JVM infrastructure is deployed with Docker/Kubernetes as often as we need to via CI (Jenkins) and a completely automated test suite.
Here is some of the Tech Stack you will be working with: C# .NET, Kafka, Kubernetes, Docker, Jenkins, RabbitMQ, AWS, Aurora Postgres, and Babel just to name a few.
- Experienced coding in C# but also happy to work with Java and Kotlin services if required.
- As an engineer, you’re interested in the problem, not just the requirements.
- You feel comfortable in a fast-moving environment and are ambitious about the speed and quality of your code. We ship our code multiple times a week with the impact measured in the result for the customer, not lines of code.
- An advocate of test driven development or, even better, behaviour-driven development. A strong commitment to quality is essential.
- You've worked on large scale distributed software systems that have proven scalability and complex topologies.
- Enjoy talking to key stakeholders and collaborating with developers, product, QA and delivery managers.
- You like to build new products from scratch; many of our products are the first of its kind in the market.
- You are a team player who thrives working in an honest and friendly working atmosphere. We have a flat hierarchy and give you the opportunity to make a real impact.
- As a senior you enjoy knowledge sharing and mentoring juniors with a focus on best practices and contributing to the team's continuous improvement and delivery.
Flexible working? Yes please!
At Zopa we value flexible ways of working. We understand the benefits of face-to-face collaboration and the importance of a good work life balance. Our teams work in a hybrid manner from our open-plan, riverside London Bridge office and the comfort of their own homes at a frequency that suits the team and the work they do.
Not only that – you'll also have the option of working from abroad for up to 120 days a year!* But no matter where you are, we’ll make sure you’ve got everything you need to thrive, both in your work and home life, from day one.
*Subject to having the right to work in the country of choice
Zopa is proud to offer a workplace free from discrimination. Diversity of experience, perspectives, and backgrounds leads to better products for our customers and a unique company culture for our people. We are made up of nearly 50 nationalities, have a DE&I forum made up of Zopians wanting to make a difference and we are proud of our culture where everyone can bring their full self to work. Our approach to DE&I is reflected in our hiring process so please let us know if you require any reasonable adjustments.