Wallapop is a Barcelona based scale-up driven by the purpose to empower people to embrace a more conscious and human way of consumption. We believe in a world where collaborative economy is mainstream. This is what drives us.
Wallapop operates in Spain, Italy and Portugal, offering a catalogue of several hundreds of millions of products and services. Powered by technical innovation and continuous improvement, we bring together the scale & trust of classifieds with the marketplace’s convenience & reach. Our mission is to enable a connected trade ecosystem, making 2nd-hand the norm through smart use of technology.
Backed by top investors such as Accel, Insight Partners & Naver Corp we bring our total valuation to 690 million EUR and are embarking on our international journey with the aim to become the world’s best unique goods trading platform.
We are looking for a senior UX writer to become part of our product design team. You will have a crucial role in owning the content needs of some of our topic teams while collaborating with a wide range of stakeholders such as Product Designers, Researchers, Product Managers, Developers, etc.
You will make Wallapop's user experience easy, useful and delightful, by facilitating, contributing and influencing design decisions.
What You Will Do
- Craft world-class UX content in various formats, at a fast pace.
- Use research and data to identify and refine user needs.
- Partner with UX designers to create simple solutions to complex information architecture challenges.
- Grow our content design standards and frameworks to help the team scale.
- Govern and maintain content through different tools and frameworks.
- Advocate for the content quality within the organization.
- Show progress in the company forums through presentations.
What We’re Looking For
- Experience in a senior UX writing, content design or content strategy role for a digital product.
- An appreciation of the entire design process, not just the writing stage.
- Solid communication skills in Spanish and English, including impeccable writing and a high level of understanding.
- Experience calibrating tone of voice based on the use case.
- Ability to express your rationale behind proposals and make the complex clear and concise when communicating.
- Excellent collaborator with a wide range of teams, from product to marketing.
- Ability to work with insights and measure content qualitatively.
- Great attention to detail and accountability for the content quality delivered.
- Growth mindset and be comfortable facing ambiguity.
What Would Be A Plus
- Fluent in going from insights to opportunities, hypotheses, and validation.
- Ability to analyze and synthesize large and complex sets of data and different sources.
- Portuguese or Italian language understanding.
Do note that all our jobs are Barcelona based. We work in a mostly remote capacity offering great flexibility to our employees, but we believe in the power of getting together regularly in our office. As a first iteration, we expect a 4+ day/month office attendance for which the specifics are decided on a team level.
Wallapop is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees as we want Wallapop to be a place for everyone.
We sponsor visa processes for international candidates when applicable and provide legal & admin support along the process combined with a competitive relocation package.
Additionally to the opportunity to contribute to an agile product set up and work together towards achieving our meaningful mission, we offer the following Perks & Benefits:
- Competitive phantom shares package for all employees
- Generous individual learning budget of 2k per year + our very own Wallalibrary
- Group and individual English & Spanish lessons as part of our working day
- Private Health Insurance with Cigna
- Flexible working hours + short Fridays
- Flexible remuneration to deduct from gross salary (kindergarten/food/transport check)
- Gym & Wellness plan, including physiotherapist in the office
- Generous referral Program & Charity Donation
- Bonus for weddings & newborns
- Wallarenta (Tax income support)
- Monthly plan for free shipping, bumps & home-pick-up on our services
- Wallanniversary loyalty program
- Contribution towards your WIFI in your monthly payroll
- One-off payment based on compensation package to go towards setting up your wallahome office
- Relocation package (monetary support and legal advice) and visa sponsorship, if applicable
- 26 holidays per year
- TOP hardware of your choice (latest Apple or Windows)
What does the hiring process for this position look like? **Please, note that all interviews take place remotely over hangouts.**
Intro Call - run by talent acquisition, focus on providing more information about the role and the company as well as going over your experience, motivation, and expectations. This usually takes 45-60 minutes.
Task - you will be assigned a task to submit within 5 up to 7 days where you will be able to showcase your expertise required for the role.
Expertise Interview - run by the hiring team, focus on the required core skills and the ability to deliver in a given context. This usually takes 60-90 minutes.
Stakeholder Interview - run by relevant stakeholders reflecting the reality of the context of the role, focus on the ability to collaborate & deliver in a cross-functional set-up. This usually takes 60 minutes.
Culture-Add Interview - run by culture interviewers, focus on adherence to Wallapop's purpose and business proposition. This usually takes 60 minutes.
Offer - should you be the right candidate, your offer will be discussed over a call with talent acquisition and will then be confirmed in writing.