Advertising Sales and Partnership Manager- Temporary
Wallapop is a Barcelona based scale-up driven by the purpose to empower people to embrace a more conscious and human way of consumption. We believe in a world where collaborative economy is mainstream. This is what drives us. 💫
Wallapop operates in Spain, Italy and Portugal, offering a catalogue of several hundreds of millions of products and services. Powered by technical innovation and continuous improvement, we bring together the scale & trust of classifieds with the marketplace’s convenience & reach. 🌱 Our mission is to enable a connected trade ecosystem, making 2nd-hand the norm through smart use of technology.
Backed by top investors such as Accel, Insight Partners & Naver Corp we bring our total valuation to 690 million EUR and are embarking on our international journey with the aim to become the world’s best unique goods trading platform.
The Challenge 🧩
We are looking for a Temporary Strategic Partnerships Manager who will work hand in hand with our multidisciplinary advertising team. You will be responsible for a portfolio of Span biggest media agencies as well as establishing strategic partnerships with direct clients and affiliation clients. With a high autonomy and ownership you will promote 1st party data advertising for one of Spain’s biggest and well known Apps.
You would work remote based in Madrid and report directly to our Team Lead Strategic Partnership. Would have to travel to Barcelona´s office once or two times per month.
Note that this is a temporary role of 5 months approximately from December to April.
What You Will Do 👇
- Responsible for driving wallapop’s advertising sales with Spain’s biggest media agencies.
- Find new affiliation partners and opportunities that drive incremental revenue and contribute on further developing our affiliation product.
- Develop sales plan and strategy for assigned agencies, using wallapop’s audience targeting and execute against plan.
- Help deepen penetration within key verticals (e.g. automotive industry).
- Effectively communicate and build relationships with partners and executive leaders.
- Collaborate cross functionally to ensure improvement for product and processes.
- Work hand in hand with ad operations around campaign monitoring and optimization to deliver the best customer service to our clients.
- Acting as go-to expert for advertising industry topics and being able to create points of view in line with our business values.
What We’re Looking For 🔎
- Experience in digital and programmatic sales (app monetization is a plus).
- Deep relationships in the agency world is a must.
- Ability to think strategically and in identifying new opportunities.
- Deep understanding of the digital advertising market.
- Excellent presentation, relationship-building, and communication skills.
- Strong problem solving skills, pays attention to detail, and has a bias for action.
- Analytical mindset.
- Proactive, Self-motivated and results driven.
- Team player and positive/collaborative attitude.
We work in a mostly remote capacity offering great flexibility to our employees, but we believe in the power of getting together regularly in our office. As a first iteration, we expect a 4+ day/month office attendance for which the specifics are decided on a team level. Wallapop is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees as we want Wallapop to be a place for everyone.
Additionally to the opportunity to contribute to an agile product set up and work together towards achieving our meaningful mission, we offer the following 🍭 Perks & Benefits:
- Group and individual English & Spanish lessons as part of our working day
- Private Health Insurance with Cigna
- Flexible working hours + short Fridays
- Flexible remuneration to deduct from gross salary (kindergarten/food/transport check)
- Gym & Wellness plan, including physiotherapist in the office
- Generous referral Program & Charity Donation
- Wallapop Renta (Tax income support)
- Monthly plan for free shipping, bumps & home-pick-up on our services
- Workiversary Gifts and Birthday Surprises
- Contribution towards your WIFI in your monthly payroll
- One-off payment based on compensation package to go towards setting up your home office
- Relocation package (monetary support and legal advice) and visa sponsorship, if applicable
- 26 holidays per year
- TOP hardware of your choice (latest Apple or Windows)
What does the hiring process for this position look like? 👀
**Please, note that all interviews take place remotely over hangouts.**
1- Intro Call - run by talent acquisition, focus on providing more information about the role and the company as well as going over your experience, motivation, and expectations. This usually takes 45-60 minutes.
2- Expertise Interview - run by the hiring team, focus on the required core skills and the ability to deliver in a given context. This usually takes 60-90 minutes.
3- Stakeholder Interview - run by relevant stakeholders reflecting the reality of the context of the role, focus on the ability to collaborate & deliver in a cross-functional set-up. This usually takes 60 minutes.
4- Offer - should you be the right candidate, your offer will be discussed over a call with talent acquisition and will then be confirmed in writing.