Business Analyst (Trust & Safety)
Wallapop is a Barcelona based scale-up driven by the purpose to empower people to embrace a more conscious and human way of consumption. We believe in a world where collaborative economy is mainstream. This is what drives us. 💫
Wallapop operates in Spain, Italy and Portugal, offering a catalogue of several hundreds of millions of products and services. Powered by technical innovation and continuous improvement, we bring together the scale & trust of classifieds with the marketplace’s convenience & reach. 🌱 Our mission is to enable a connected trade ecosystem, making 2nd-hand the norm through smart use of technology.
Backed by top investors such as Accel, Insight Partners & Naver Corp we bring our total valuation to 690 million EUR and are embarking on our international journey with the aim to become the world’s best unique goods trading platform.
The Challenge 🧩
Wallapop is looking for a Business Analyst to serve a critical role as part of our Trust and Safety team. Reporting to the Manager of Trust and Safety, you will work across multiple functional areas to mitigate fraud and spam.
The ideal candidate is a self-starter, with creative problem-solving skills, who is comfortable operating in ambiguity.
What You Will Do 👇
- Conduct analysis that includes data gathering to monitor and prevent fraud
- Routinely identify, review and investigate the primary risks to Wallapop users and work cross-functionally to recommend and implement tools and processes to reduce fraud
- Define and propose potential counter-abuse strategies
- Define workflow processes for manual fraud reviews
- Analyze key metrics and monitor fraud evolution
- Serve as Wallapop internal expert on fraud and risk reduction
- Assist in the development of risk mitigation fraud models and contribute to recommendations to decrease fraud rates
- Be part of an autonomous and entrepreneurial team
What We’re Looking For 🔎
- You have an analytical mind, with advanced SQL knowledge and experience working with spreadsheets
- You have an analytical mind, with advanced SQL knowledge and experience working with spreadshees
- You are an analytical thinker who can break down problems using data
- You are highly organized, and with excellent attention to detail
- You have a bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Economics, Business or equivalent practical experience
- You have at least 2 years of experience in product management/strategy. A plus if with abuse prevention / online fraud investigation / User trust experiences.
- Excellent interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills in Spanish and English
- You have excitement about working in a constantly changing work environment, and willingness to independently problem-solve in it.
- Strong desire to build a career in the fraud industry
What Would Be A Plus 🚀
- Experience in with abuse prevention / online fraud investigation / User trust experiences.
Do note that all our jobs are 📍 Barcelona based. We work in a mostly remote capacity offering great flexibility to our employees, but we believe in the power of getting together regularly in our office. As a first iteration, we expect a 4+ day/month office attendance for which the specifics are decided on a team level.
Wallapop is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees as we want Wallapop to be a place for everyone.
We sponsor visa processes for international candidates when applicable and provide legal & admin support along the process combined with a competitive relocation package.
Additionally to the opportunity to contribute to an agile product set up and work together towards achieving our meaningful mission, we offer the following 🍭 Perks & Benefits:
- Competitive phantom shares package for all employees
- Generous individual learning budget of 2k per year
- Group and individual English & Spanish lessons as part of our working day
- Private Health Insurance with Cigna
- Flexible working hours + short Fridays
- Flexible remuneration to deduct from gross salary (kindergarten/food/transport check)
- Gym & Wellness plan, including physiotherapist in the office
- Generous referral Program & Charity Donation
- Extended newborn & adoption leave
- Bonus for weddings & newborns
- Wallapop Renta (Tax income support)
- Monthly plan for free shipping, bumps & home-pick-up on our services
- Workiversary Gifts and Birthday Surprises
- Contribution towards your WIFI in your monthly payroll
- One-off payment based on compensation package to go towards setting up your home office
- Relocation package (monetary support and legal advice) and visa sponsorship, if applicable
- 26 holidays per year
- TOP hardware of your choice (latest Apple or Windows)
What does the hiring process for this position look like? 👀
**Please, note that all interviews take place remotely over hangouts.**
1) Intro Call - run by talent acquisition, focus on providing more information about the role and the company as well as going over your experience, motivation, and expectations. This usually takes 45-60 minutes.
2) Task: you will be assigned a task to submit in 5-7 days where you will be able to showcase your expertise / technical skills required for the role.
3)Expertise Interview:The interview will be run by the hiring team, focus on the required core skills and the ability to deliver in a given context. This usually takes 60 minutes.
4) Stakeholder Interview: run by relevant stakeholders reflecting the reality of the context of the role, focus on the ability to collaborate & deliver in a cross-functional set-up. This usually takes 45-60 minutes.
5) Culture-Add Interview - run by culture interviewers, focus on adherence to Wallapop's purpose and business proposition. This usually takes 45 minutes.
6) Offer - should you be the right candidate, your offer will be discussed over a call with talent acquisition and will then be confirmed in writing.