Corporate and E-commerce Lawyer
Wallapop is a Barcelona based scale-up driven by the purpose to empower people to embrace a more conscious and human way of consumption. We believe in a world where collaborative economy is mainstream. This is what drives us.💫
Wallapop operates in Spain, Italy and Portugal, offering a catalogue of several hundreds of millions of products and services. Powered by technical innovation and continuous improvement, we bring together the scale & trust of classifieds with the marketplace’s convenience & reach.🌱 Our mission is to enable a connected trade ecosystem, making 2nd-hand the norm through smart use of technology.
Backed by top investors such as Accel, Insight Partners & Naver Corp we bring our total valuation to 690 million EUR and are embarking on our international journey with the aim to become the world’s best unique goods trading platform.
The Challenge 🧩
Provide legal advice across the company on commercial and corporate issues in accordance with existing regulations and in line with the company objectives and context to ensure compliance and efficient project delivery.
What You Will Do 👇
- 1. Draft, review, negotiate and provide advice and support on commercial contracts and partnership agreements to all key business areas to ensure best interest of the company and compliance with applicable regulations.
- 2. Partner with all key business areas to ensure legal requirements (particularly relating to e-commerce) are considered at the outset of new projects, products and initiatives.
- 3. Provide business partners with a thoughtful legal perspective, guidance, risk assessment, and mitigation strategies.
- 4. Coordinate and supervise, together with other members of the Legal Team, the implementation of new regulations within the company to make sure they are implemented on a timely and efficient manner.
- 5. Provide legal advice on corporate matters including, among others, investors' audits, powers of attorney, annual accounts, share transfers, corporate governance and insurances.
- 6. Coordinate and supervise the work of external advisors in order to guarantee the desired outcomes and efficient project delivery.
- 7. Support in any M&A transactions and corporate reorganizations that may arise, including due diligence, acquisition agreements, investment agreements, shareholders' agreement, mergers and asset purchase agreements.
What We’re Looking For 🔍
- 1. Between 4 and 6 years of experience as a lawyer specialized mainly in corporate / commercial law and with some knowledge on e-commerce.
- 2. Degree in Law with strong academic credentials.
- 3. Excellent level of English so that you are a fluent speaker and you may draft and review agreements in English too.
- 4. Open to provide legal guidance across a wide variety of legal issues to business stakeholders.
- 5. Passionate about fast growing companies and tech-driven businesses.
- 6. You show curiosity and interest to learn about the regulatory framework applicable to platforms (learn & grow).
- 7. Tenacious and very driven professional (dream & deliver).
- 8. You understand the overall needs and priorities and you create strong collaborative relations with others (one team).
🚩Do note that all our jobs are Barcelona based. We work in a mostly remote capacity offering great flexibility to our employees, but we believe in the power of getting together regularly in our office. As a first iteration, we expect a 4+ day/month office attendance for which the specifics are decided on a team level. Wallapop is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees as we want Wallapop to be a place for everyone.
Additionally to the opportunity to contribute to an agile product set up and work together towards achieving our meaningful mission, we offer the following 🍭 Perks & Benefits:
- Competitive phantom shares package for all employees
- Generous individual learning budget of 2k per year
- Group and individual English & Spanish lessons as part of our working day
- Private Health Insurance with Cigna
- Flexible working hours + short Fridays
- Flexible remuneration to deduct from gross salary (kindergarten/food/transport check)
- Gym & Wellness plan, including physiotherapist in the office
- Generous referral Program & Charity Donation
- Extended newborn & adoption leave
- Bonus for weddings & newborns
- Wallapop Renta (Tax income support)
- Monthly plan for free shipping, bumps & home-pick-up on our services
- Workiversary Gifts and Birthday Surprises
- Contribution towards your WIFI in your monthly payroll
- One-off payment based on compensation package to go towards setting up your home office
- Relocation package (monetary support and legal advice) and visa sponsorship, if applicable
- 26 holidays per year
- TOP hardware of your choice (latest Apple or Windows)
What does the hiring process for this position look like? **Please, note that all interviews take place remotely over hangouts.**👀
1) Intro Call - run by talent acquisition, focus on providing more information about the role and the company as well as going over your experience, motivation, and expectations. This usually takes 45-60 minutes.
2) Task / Expertise Interview: you will be assigned a task to submit in 3/4 days where you will be able to showcase your expertise / technical skills required for the role. The interview will be run by the hiring team, focus on the required core skills and the ability to deliver in a given context. This usually takes 60.
3) Stakeholder Interview - run by relevant stakeholders reflecting the reality of the context of the role, focus on the ability to collaborate & deliver in a cross-functional set-up. This usually takes 60 minutes.
4) Culture-Add Interview - run by culture interviewers, focus on adherence to Wallapop's purpose and business proposition. This usually takes 45 minutes.
5) Offer - should you be the right candidate, your offer will be discussed over a call with talent acquisition and will then be confirmed in writing.