Wallapop is a Barcelona based scale-up driven by the purpose to empower people to embrace a more conscious and human way of consumption. We believe in a world where collaborative economy is mainstream. This is what drives us. 💫
Wallapop operates in Spain, Italy and Portugal, offering a catalogue of several hundreds of millions of products and services. Powered by technical innovation and continuous improvement, we bring together the scale & trust of classifieds with the marketplace’s convenience & reach. 🌱 Our mission is to enable a connected trade ecosystem, making 2nd-hand the norm through smart use of technology.
Backed by top investors such as Accel, Insight Partners & Naver Corp we bring our total valuation to 690 million EUR and are embarking on our international journey with the aim to become the world’s best unique goods trading platform.
The Challenge 🧩
As a Data Analyst, you will be responsible for creating advanced data sets and turning them into insights for better decision making. You will collaborate with multiple stakeholders in order to identify new product and business opportunities and identify current frictions, and keep awareness on the metrics and progress against the goals. You will work closely with Business, Product and Marketing stakeholders, participating in discussions to define the strategy to expand Wallapop internationally and deliver the best possible product solutions.
You’ll be part of a growing Data & Analytics chapter (30+ people and counting) reporting to the Analytics Manager in the Connecting Tribe.
What You Will Do 👇
- Understand business, marketing and/or product needs and leverage insights so that the team can take data-informed decisions
- Extract quantitative insights from data and interpret them in order to provide the team with actionable opportunities and to correctly assess knowledge gaps
- Participate in the definition of the team main metrics and ensure its correct and reliable reporting through dashboards, notebooks, visualizations, etc.
- Present and share quantitative insights and / or analysis across the company
- Collaborate and participate in core analytics projects, such as maintaining and evolving the data platform, improving the documentation, completing strategic cross-business analysis
- Promote data culture across the organization
What We’re Looking For 🔎
- Solid experience as data analyst, business analyst, product analyst or similar role preferably for a web/mobile company
- Solid statistical knowledge in order to apply it to data analysis
- Proficiency in SQL
- Experience working with reporting and data visualization tools like Looker, Tableau or Power BI
- Product and business acumen
- Great data visualization with well-structured storytelling
- Assertiveness in decision-making and communication
What Would Be A Plus 🚀
- Hands-on experience with experimentation
- Experience working with dbt
- Experience with tracking definition and events-based analysis
- Good Python skills
- Marketplace industry knowledge/experience
- Hands-on experience with experimentation, with good knowledge about A/B testing
📍 Do note that all our jobs are Barcelona based. We work in a mostly remote capacity offering great flexibility to our employees, but we believe in the power of getting together regularly in our office. As a first iteration, we expect a 4+ day/month office attendance for which the specifics are decided on a team level.
Wallapop is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees as we want Wallapop to be a place for everyone.
We sponsor visa processes for international candidates when applicable and provide legal & admin support along the process combined with a competitive relocation package.
Additionally to the opportunity to contribute to an agile product set up and work together towards achieving our meaningful mission, we offer the following 🍭 Perks & Benefits:
- Competitive phantom shares package for all employees
- Generous individual learning budget of 2k per year
- Group and individual English, Catalan & Spanish lessons as part of our working day
- Private Health Insurance with Cigna
- Flexible working hours + short Fridays
- Flexible remuneration to deduct from gross salary (kindergarten/food/transport check)
- Gym & Wellness plan, including physiotherapist in the office
- Generous referral Program & Charity Donation
- Extended newborn & adoption leave
- Bonus for weddings & newborns
- Wallapop Renta (Tax income support)
- Monthly plan for free shipping, bumps & home-pick-up on our services
- Workiversary Gifts and Birthday Surprises
- Contribution towards your WIFI in your monthly payroll
- One-off payment based on compensation package to go towards setting up your home office
- Relocation package (monetary support and legal advice) and visa sponsorship, if applicable
- 26 holidays per year
- TOP hardware of your choice (latest Apple or Windows)
What does the hiring process for this position look like? 👀
**Please, note that all interviews take place remotely over hangouts.**
Intro Call - run by talent acquisition, focus on providing more information about the role and the company as well as going over your experience, motivation, and expectations. This usually takes 45-60 minutes.
Task - you will be assigned a task to submit within 5 up to 7 days where you will be able to showcase your technical skills and expertise required for the role.
Expertise Interview - run by the hiring team, focus on the required core skills and the ability to deliver in a given context. This usually takes 60 minutes.
Stakeholder Interview - run by relevant stakeholders reflecting the reality of the context of the role, focus on the ability to collaborate & deliver in a cross-functional set-up. This usually takes 60 minutes.
Culture-Add Interview - run by culture interviewers, focus on adherence to Wallapop's purpose and business proposition. This usually takes 60 minutes.
Offer - should you be the right candidate, your offer will be discussed over a call with talent acquisition and will then be confirmed in writing.