Wagestream is on a mission to bring better financial wellbeing to frontline workers.
We partner with some of the world’s most famous employers, like Bupa, Green King and The NHS to give their teams access to fairer financial services - all built around flexible pay. Over three million people can now choose how often they’re paid, track their shifts and earnings, start saving, use budgeting tools, get free financial coaching, and access fairer financial products. All in one financial wellbeing super-app.
Wagestream is unique: VC-backed and growing at scale-up pace, but with a social conscience. Some of the world's leading financial charities and impact funds were our founding investors, and we operate on a social charter - which means every product we build has to improve financial health and reduce the $5.6bn ‘premium’ lower-income earners pay for financial services each year.
You’d be joining a team of over 150 passionate, ambitious people, across Europe and the USA, building a category-leading fintech product and all united by that same mission.
Wagestream is regarded as one of the highest rated scale-ups in Europe, and our journey towards becoming a neobank and eradicating the poverty premium has just begun. In order to realise our mission we need to embed the very best talent across the organisation to make it all possible, and that’s where you come in.
Reporting to the Head of Talent, you will support all aspects of hiring operations, getting to own the end-to-end recruitment process of your assigned key disciplines. This is a critical role, as you drive hiring, partnering with hiring managers, maintaining a best in class candidate experience.
Our talent team has high standards in place but we’re always looking to improve how we hire; and you’ll play an influential part in that continued iteration.
If you’re an internal talent partner or an agency recruiter looking to take your next steps down the internal pathway and you’re excited by direct sourcing, seamless coordination, delivery and hiring, this role aligns well.
You’ll be joining a people & talent team of five that work in unison to deliver a seamless experience from sourcing, through to onboarding and beyond, but in this role you’ll have exposure to every function and discipline across the organisation.
What will you be doing?
- Sourcing and coordinating exceptional people into key roles across Wagestream, getting to own specialised key disciplines.
- Partnering with senior leaders to define hiring objectives and implement recruiting strategies to realise our growth goals.
- Work in a state of constant iteration, evolving process efficiencies and standardisation to seamlessly scale hiring, ensuring a fair process; creating clear diversity strategies for specific teams and roles.
- Utilising data to understand productivity, experience and inform process optimisation.
- Deploy innovative sourcing and attraction strategies to uncover the best talent, utilising digital tools, employer branding and events.
- Review, assess and process candidates to ensure continuous pipeline health and hiring momentum, setting the bar for quality.
What experience might you have?
Must-haves: (But if you’re close… we'd still love to talk to you!)
- Organised and methodical with your planning, combined with good instincts when setting priorities in an environment subject to constant change.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Critical thinking, having the ability to identify & solve problems, deploying a root cause analysis methodology.
- Learner mindset. You’re constantly wanting to expand your knowledge. Intuitive navigational ability with digital platforms and systems.
Don't worry about being the internal jargon or getting to grips with the functions you will be recruiting for, we’ll teach you everything there is to know!
Working Policy: Hybrid
Salary: Up to £40,000 + Bonus/Options + Benefits
- 25 Days Annual Leave in addition to public holidays (up to 5 day rollover), as well as flexible time off allowances for any ad-hoc childcare/family/caring needs
- 10 days Annual Leave Buy-Back scheme - for if you’d like some additional time off
- 12 weeks paid Maternity Leave and 4 weeks paid Paternity Leave for employees with over 12 months service
- Special Leave for In Vitro Fertilisation (IVF) and other fertility treatments
- £250 home office allowance to make WFH comfortable
- Brand new equipment - from the latest Apple MacBooks to 34” curved monitors at Wagestream HQ
- Salary sacrifice to pension, as well as bonus exchange to Pension: reap even more rewards of any bonus by paying into your pension & save on Tax and NI + added compound growth
- After a long weeks’ work, join us in undoing it all - with a membership to the Wine Society. (the also do Gin and Beer) for employees with over 12 months service.
- The best benefit of all, access to Wagestream!
- Access to Salary Sacrifice Scheme - Ben -THE Benefits marketplace.Choose the benefits you want, when you want. Pay less tax, receive more value 🎉
- Additional Pension Payments
- Workplace nurseries
- Cycle to Work
- Gym memberships
- Medical or Life Insurance
- Healthcare cash plans, etc
At Wagestream we celebrate and support our differences. We know employing a team rich in diverse thoughts, experiences, and opinions allows our employees, our product and our community to flourish. Wagestream is an equal opportunity workplace. We are dedicated to equal employment opportunities regardless of race, colour, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity/expression, or veteran status.
- London Office
- Remote status
- Hybrid Remote
Wagestream improves the financial wellbeing of 3 million frontline workers, with a workplace finance platform built around their pay.
Award-winning employers like Asda, Bupa, Crate & Barrel, Pizza Express and the NHS make money fairer and work more rewarding, by offering Wagestream as an employee benefit.
Wagestream is a B Corporation that was founded with a social charter and built with the Fair By Design financial inclusion campaign.
Already working at Wagestream?
Let’s recruit together and find your next colleague.