Wagestream is on a mission to bring better financial wellbeing to frontline workers.
We partner with some of the world’s most famous employers, like Asda, Burger King and the NHS to give their teams access to fairer financial services - all built around flexible pay. Over 3 million people can now choose when they’re paid, track their shifts and earnings, build up a rainy day pot, use budgeting tools, get free financial coaching, and access fairer financial products. All in one financial wellbeing super-app.
Wagestream is unique: VC-backed and growing at scale-up pace, but with a social conscience and charity backed. The UK’s leading financial charities and impact funds were our founding investors, and we operate on a social charter - which means every product we build has to improve financial health and reduce the $5.6bn ‘premium’ lower-income earners pay for financial services each year.
You’d be joining a team of almost 200 passionate, ambitious people, growing in Europe and the US, building a category-leading fintech product and all united by that same mission.
The Delivery team at Wagestream keeps the client engine turning! We are responsible for onboarding and launching Wagestream’s diverse array of clients, including household brands such as the NHS, Asda, Coop, Bupa and Burger King.
You will play an incredibly important role at Wagestream, steering clients to go-live, managing both internal and external stakeholders to deliver projects on time whilst also shoring up success for ongoing customer and employee satisfaction.
You will leave our clients with the lasting impression that implementing Wagestream is a smooth and seamless experience. Owning the client relationship from signature through to 45 days post launch, you will ensure strong project governance and deftly work through any blockers which add risk to the timeline. This is a client-facing technical role requiring a blend of excellent communication skills and technical expertise.
You will be joining our cross-functional squad, responsible for selling and launching the Wagestream solution. Day to day you will work closely with members across the whole squad including Sales, Solutions, Client Success and Engineering.
What will you be doing?
First and foremost, managing the client’s journey throughout implementation. You will responsible for ensuring customer brands like Halfords, Asda, Bupa, Burger King and the NHS get their payroll, T&A and workforce management systems integrated with Wagestream, and agree the optimal way to launch and deliver Wagestream with maximum business benefits
- You will build positive relationships in every single customer interaction you have. As a trusted advisor, you will help shape decisions and timeframes for optimal launch
- Drive effective internal communication and cross-functional collaboration within the project team, to ensure the best possible outcome for our clients
- Proactively spot and surface key risks and issues to projects early, building an effective approach to mitigation and acting as the driving force to ensure these are addressed
- Take ownership. You will identify blind-spots, optimize and set up new ways of problem-solving and keep your colleagues up to date on all of this.
- Tracking the progress of your projects, adjusting timelines, budgets and resources as needed to reflect progress and pave the way for success
What experience might you have?
Must-haves: (But if you’re close… we'd still love to talk to you!)
- You’re excited about our mission
- You are proactive and a self-starter with both keen technical and business acumen
- You have excellent interpersonal and effective communication skills, allowing you to articulate complex concepts with an accessible approach
- You can demonstrate strong autonomy and natural problem solving ability
- A strong working knowledge of technical concepts like APIs, SFTP and Single Sign-On is desirable
- Experience delivering technical projects in the world of payroll, HCM, HRIS or WFM
Within 1 month you’ll have:
- Got to grips with the Wagestream product
- Understood the wider business and how your role contributes to our success and the mission
- Supported aspects the onboarding process for a client alongside an existing team member
Within 3 months you’ll:
- Comfortably lead the process of getting a customer from contract signature to launch,
- Work closely with clients to deliver value and help them implement their ideal solution
- Ready to take on an Enterprise client as next challenge if not already done so
- Able to “give back” knowledge
- Feedback on process and how we can build in efficiencies without compromising on the experience of our clients
Within 6 months you’ll:
- Understand the Wagestream mission, and confidently talk with clients about how we create positive impact for our users and protect against negative impacts through product and service design
- Actively steer clients toward optimal integration value-for-effort
- Go beyond driving implementations, identifying key process improvement requirements and implementing them where appropriate
- Feel like part of the fabric!
- We operate a hybrid policy with a requirement of 2 days a week in our London office
- 25 Days Annual Leave in addition to public holidays (up to 5 day rollover), as well as flexible time off allowances for any ad-hoc childcare/family/caring needs
- 10 days Annual Leave Buy-Back scheme - for if you’d like some additional time off
- 12 weeks paid Maternity Leave and 4 weeks paid Paternity Leave for employees with over 12 months service
- £250 home office allowance to make WFH comfortable
- Swanky Brand new equipment - from the latest Apple MacBooks to 34” curved monitors at Wagestream HQ
- Bonus exchange to Pension - reap even more rewards of any bonus by paying into your pension & save on Tax and Ni + added compound growth
- After a long weeks’ work, join us in undoing it all - with a membership to the Wine Society. (the also do Gin and Beer)
- We want every to achieve “Zen Mastery” with a free subscription to Calm - work can be stressful and we want to help you switch off
- The best benefit of all, access to Wagestream!
- Access to Salary Sacrifice Scheme - Ben - THE Benefits marketplace. Choose the benefits you want, when you want. Pay less tax, receive more value 🎉
- Additional Pension Payments
- Workplace nurseries
- Cycle to Work
- Gym memberships
- Medical or Life Insurance
- Healthcare cash plans, etc
At Wagestream we celebrate and support our differences. We know employing a team rich in diverse thoughts, experiences, and opinions allows our employees, our product and our community to flourish. Wagestream is an equal opportunity workplace. We are dedicated to equal employment opportunities regardless of race, colour, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity/expression, or veteran status.
Something looks off?