Senior Product Designer
Wagestream is on a mission to bring better financial wellbeing to frontline workers.
We partner with some of the world’s most famous employers, like Pizza Express, EE and the UK’s National Health Service, to give their teams access to fairer financial services - all built around flexible pay. Over three million people can now choose how often they’re paid, track their shifts and earnings, start saving, use budgeting tools, get free financial coaching, and access fairer financial products. All in one financial wellbeing super-app.
Wagestream is unique: VC-backed and growing at scale-up pace, but with a social conscience. The UK’s leading financial charities and impact funds were our founding investors, and we operate on a social charter - which means every product we build has to improve financial health and reduce the $5.6bn ‘premium’ lower-income earners pay for financial services each year.
You’d be joining a team of 150 passionate, ambitious people, growing in the UK, Europe and the USA, building a category-leading fintech product and all united by that same mission.
We’re looking for a Senior Product Designer with experience on Mobile (iOS and Android) platforms to play a pivotal role in creating new user experiences within our entire product range. You’ll work with Engineers and Product Managers to help us solve problems for our amazing clients, within our growing design team.
Your primary responsibilities will be:
- To collaborate with internal teams, external clients, and our users to produce user experiences within our apps and portals
- Using existing insights and research to provide recommendations to the wider team around best approach to solve problems
- Creating futureproof, scaleable and accessible product designs
Within 1 month you’ll have:
- Got to grips with our design system for the product and have become fairly fluent in the Wagestream brand style
- Delivered at least one design brief that makes it into build
- Spoken to at least a handful of end users that have the Wagestream app
Within 3 months you’ll have:
- Developed strong relationships with the design team, and are able to collaborate with them cross-functionally as required
- Taken the lead on a significant piece of design work, taking it through from concept to delivery and done the relevant user research needed to support
- Started to grow a pool of users to conduct user testing and research with
Within 6 months you’ll have:
- Become a subject-matter expert on key Wagestream features
- Delivered multiple pieces of work which have been tested with end users, and have given steer on the next batch of iterations and improvements
- Ongoing relationships with users that you regularly conduct user testing and research with
What experience might you have:
- You're currently a Senior Product Designer or, if not, you're definitely ready to take the next step up
- Start-up/scale up experience
- Working with Figma, Miro, Lookback, Confluence, Monday or similar
- You have experience using, maintaining, and contributing to a design system for products that span over multiple devices, and know how to unify design patterns across a whole user experience
- You know how to create UI/UX artifacts, such user flows, information architecture, personas, and prototypes, and can bring key stakeholders along the journey
- You have experience conducting user testing and gain meaningful insights from users
- You’re a collaborator, and are unafraid to get regular feedback from your team and can confidently facilitate design workshops with wider stakeholders
- You’re comfortable presenting design decisions informally with your team, and formally with clients and users, in a compelling and clear way using evidence-based rationale
- You can take a brief, concept, or idea, and quickly start to problem solve without needing too much additional guidance, drawing upon your knowledge of what patterns work and asking critical questions to guide your thinking
- You naturally reach out to other designers in an organisation and align with them on outputs, as well as offer advice and mentorship whenever another designer has a design related question
- You care about the needs of people who rely on early wage access and may be financially struggling, and want to improve their outcomes
- You enjoy experimenting with brand assets and are capable of extending this design language with new ideas as well as executing using our existing guidelines
Nice to have:
- Experience forming and running qualitative and quantitative user research
- Experience of financial products
- Experience with designing user experiences for B2B SaaS platforms
- We operate a hybrid policy with a requirement of 1/2 days a week in the London office
- Talent Screen (30m)
- Interview with Nick, VP of Engineering (30m)
- Meet the team interview (45m)
- Interview with Remi, Principal Product Designer (30m)
- Onsite interview with Portman, Global CTO & Co-Founder
- 25 Days Annual Leave in addition to public holidays (up to 5 day rollover), as well as flexible time off allowances for any ad-hoc childcare/family/caring needs
- 10 days Annual Leave Buy-Back scheme - for if you’d like some additional time off
- 12 weeks paid Maternity Leave and 4 weeks paid Paternity Leave for employees with over 12 months service
- £250 home office allowance to make WFH comfortable
- Swanky Brand new equipment - from the latest Apple MacBooks to 34” curved monitors at Wagestream HQ
- Bonus exchange to Pension - reap even more rewards of any bonus by paying into your pension & save on Tax and Ni + added compound growth
- After a long weeks’ work, join us in undoing it all - with a membership to the Wine Society. (the also do Gin and Beer)
- We want every to achieve “Zen Mastery” with a free subscription to Calm - work can be stressful and we want to help you switch off
- The best benefit of all, access to Wagestream!
- Access to Salary Sacrifice Scheme - Ben - THE Benefits marketplace. Choose the benefits you want, when you want. Pay less tax, receive more value 🎉
- Additional Pension Payments
- Workplace nurseries
- Cycle to Work
- Gym memberships
- Medical or Life Insurance
- Healthcare cash plans, etc
At Wagestream we celebrate and support our differences. We know employing a team rich in diverse thoughts, experiences, and opinions allows our employees, our product and our community to flourish. Wagestream is an equal opportunity workplace. We are dedicated to equal employment opportunities regardless of race, colour, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity/expression, or veteran status.
Something looks off?