Wagestream is on a mission to bring better financial wellbeing to frontline workers.
We partner with some of the world’s most famous employers, like Pizza Express, EE and the UK’s National Health Service, to give their teams access to fairer financial services - all built around flexible pay. Almost a million people can now choose how often they’re paid, track their shifts and earnings, start saving, use budgeting tools, get free financial coaching, and access fairer financial products. All in one financial wellbeing super-app.
Wagestream is unique: VC-backed and growing at scale-up pace, but with a social conscience. The UK’s leading financial charities and impact funds were our founding investors, and we operate on a social charter - which means every product we build has to improve financial health and reduce the $5.6bn ‘premium’ lower-income earners pay for financial services each year.
You’d be joining a team of almost 200 passionate, ambitious people, growing in Europe and the USA, building a category-leading fintech product and all united by that same mission.
At Wagestream, we have lofty ambitions and our Sales team is the driving force behind ensuring we achieve them. Joining the team represents an opportunity to work for the market leader in financial wellbeing, helping to propel us to the next phase of our growth. You’ll play a huge part in ensuring we’re achieving our mission of ending payday poverty, by adding more amazing clients to the Wagestream roster. This role primarily involves working with businesses in the SME sector (sub 500 employees).
You will join the SME team based in Leeds working closely with you colleagues to showcase our market leading products to prospective Employers across the UK market.
The team is committed to delivering a class leading service to our customers and in turn making sure that we deliver tangible results for our clients and the business. If you really want to make a difference then your journey will start here.
What will you be doing?
As an integral part of the sales team, it’ll be your role to source & build relationships with UK SME businesses, nurture prospective clients and ensure that Wagestream is top of the agenda for staff benefits and wellbeing.
Your responsibilities will include:
- New business prospecting and account planning across SME clients
- Engaging, building and maintaining key contact and stakeholder relationships with clients
- Using data and solution selling expertise as part of the value creation process
- Working cross-functionally with the in-house delivery team, to complete the sales process and get new customers live
- Achieving monthly and quarterly revenue targets
What experience might you have?
- You’re able to demonstrate a track record of successful sales and solution selling (previous SaaS experience would be beneficial)
- You can show examples of effective stakeholder management, operating go to market strategies
- You’re able to display a strong work ethic and be able to operate at pace
- You bring a "full customer life cycle" mentality
- You've developed great contacts in businesses within (ideally within the SME sector)
- You're a team player who can engage cross-functionally and contribute to best practice
- You are proactive about solving problems (even if it’s outside of your area)
(But if you’re close… we'd still love to talk to you!)
Working Policy: We operate a hybrid policy with a requirement of 3 days a week in the Leeds office
Salaries: from £25,000 to 35,000 (£50k OTE)
- 25 Days Annual Leave in addition to public holidays (up to 5 day rollover), as well as flexible time off allowances for any ad-hoc childcare/family/caring needs
- 10 days Annual Leave Buy-Back scheme - for if you’d like some additional time off
- 12 weeks paid Maternity Leave and 4 weeks paid Paternity Leave for employees with over 12 months service
- £250 home office allowance to make WFH comfortable
- Swanky equipment - from the latest Apple MacBooks to 34” curved monitors at Wagestream HQ
- We want to invest in you financially, so we have a pension scheme with Aviva
- Bonus exchange to Pension - reap even more rewards of any bonus by paying into your pension & save on Tax and Ni + added compound growth
- After a long weeks’ work, join us in undoing it all - with a membership to the Wine Society. (the also do Gin and Beer) for employees with over 12 months service.
- We want every to achieve “Zen Mastery” with a free subscription to Calm - work can be stressful and we want to help you switch off
- The best benefit of all, access to Wagestream!
- Access to Salary Sacrifice Scheme - Ben - THE Benefits marketplace. Choose the benefits you want, when you want. Pay less tax, receive more value 🎉
- Additional Pension Payments
- Workplace nurseries
- Electric / Hybrid Car scheme
- Cycle to Work
- Gym memberships
- Medical or Life Insurance
- Healthcare cash plans, etc
At Wagestream we celebrate and support our differences. We know employing a team rich in diverse thoughts, experiences, and opinions allows our employees, our product and our community to flourish. Wagestream is an equal opportunity workplace. We are dedicated to equal employment opportunities regardless of race, colour, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity/expression, or veteran status.
Something looks off?