Product Engineer (Senior, Staff, Principal)
Wagestream's mission is to eradicate the poverty premium, which costs frontline workers an extra £5.8 billion per year in the UK.
The poverty premium breaks down into:
- Higher insurance premiums
- HIgher energy tariffs
- Higher cost of credit (e.g. payday loans)
- Non-standard billing methods
- Use of pre-payment meters
- Insurance for individual items
- ATM fees
Wagestream's first product is flexible pay or 'Earned Wage Access' (EWA), which allows employees to access their pay immediately after earning it instead of having to wait until the end of the month, and removes the need for payday loans.
We now want to go after the remainder of the poverty premium, and systematically rebuild financial services from the ground up to be fair for all.
We're looking for Engineers at Senior, Staff and Principal levels to join our cross-functional squads. The key technologies we use are Python, Typescript, PostgreSQL, React and AWS.
Wagestream has a genuine focus on moving quickly, cutting waste, and getting engineers' work into the hands of users in the smallest amount of time possible.
- You're excited about our mission.
- You're a great engineer.
- You're interested in steering the direction of our product, and solving the problems of our customers.
- You like to work quickly and cut out waste.
- You take responsibility for the quality of your own work.
- You like meeting your team face-to-face in the Office at least once per week.
- We operate a hybrid policy with a requirement of 1/2 days a week in the office
- 25 Days Annual Leave in addition to public holidays (up to 5 day rollover), as well as flexible time off allowances for any ad-hoc childcare/family/caring needs
- 10 days Annual Leave Buy-Back scheme - for if you’d like some additional time off
- 12 weeks paid Maternity Leave and 4 weeks paid Paternity Leave for employees withover 12 months service
- £250 home office allowance to make WFH comfortable
- Swanky Brand new equipment - from the latest Apple MacBooks to 34” curved monitors at Wagestream HQ
- We want to invest in you financially, so we have a pension scheme with Aviva
- Bonus exchange to Pension - reap even more rewards of any bonus by paying into your pension&save on Tax and Ni + added compound growth
- After a long weeks’ work, join us in undoing it all - with a membership to the Wine Society. (the also do Gin and Beer) for employees with over 12 months service.
- We want every to achieve “Zen Mastery” with a free subscription to Calm - work can be stressful and we want to help you switch off
- The best benefit of all, access to Wagestream!
- Access to Salary Sacrifice Scheme - Ben -THE Benefits marketplace.Choose the benefits you want, when you want. Pay less tax, receive more value 🎉
- Additional Pension Payments
- Workplace nurseries
- Electric / Hybrid Car scheme
- Cycle to Work
- Gym memberships
- Medical or Life Insurance
- Healthcare cash plans, etc
At Wagestream we celebrate and support our differences. We know employing a team rich in diverse thoughts, experiences, and opinions allows our employees, our product and our community to flourish. Wagestream is an equal opportunity workplace. We are dedicated to equal employment opportunities regardless of race, colour, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity/expression, or veteran status.
Something looks off?