Senior Android Engineer
We’re a leading online reviews platform, free and open to all. Our mission is to be a universal symbol of trust. We are well on our way — but there’s still an exciting journey ahead of us. Do you want to join us at the heart of trust?
We are looking for an experienced Android engineer to join the mobile team focused on building a consumer facing native mobile apps. This is an exciting opportunity where the right candidate will have the chance to build a native mobile app for Trustpilot - a well established brand that has millions of monthly visitors.
In your role, you will:
- Build a new app to provide a native app experience to our consumer base
- Work in a cross-functional “full ownership” team, where you will take part in every step of the process of building the app from ideation and design to architecture, code, deployment and maintenance.
- Partner with product managers, designers and other engineers to deliver simple yet high impact designs and solutions.
- Focus on conversion and continuous optimizations/iterations using a data-focused approach
- Have an important role in defining and pursuing the team’s Android strategy, improvements & shape the future direction.
We are looking for people with:
- Proficiency in the Kotlin/Compose and previous experience with Android Development.
- Experience with entire Android ecosystem - builds, publishing and updating apps on the Play store
- Experience with Restful APIs and integrations with tools/SDKs
- Experience in Swift and SwiftUI would be a plus.
- Knowledge of engineering best practices (CI/CD, configuration management, test automation).
- Analytical and critical thinking skills, combined with the ability to present your ideas clearly in both verbal and written form.
- Motivation to deliver quality results in an agile, collaborative, ever-evolving environment.
- Enthusiasm for learning, both on their own and within a team, as well as the wish to communicate their own learnings to others.
- A group of motivated engineers working in cross-functional teams while still enjoying the close-knit community within the Research & Development organisation, where we share both knowledge and laughter. With a wide variety of cultures in our team, we get to enjoy many different viewpoints, and our talks are always lively and fun.
- You will be part of a distributed team working towards successful launch of the app & keep iterating with new features/concepts. A typical week for you will involve a planning meeting within your team, where you discuss the current tasks at hand and align on what creates the most value towards our current goals, and daily stand-ups where you can discuss the progress of your current tasks as well as any issues you might see.
- You will also have regular 1-on-1s with your manager, where you will be able to work on your personal growth and development, by setting clear goals, receiving actionable feedback and discussing possible learning resources and opportunities.
What's in it for you:
- A range of flexible working options to dedicate time to what matters to you
- Competitive compensation package + bonus
- 28 days holiday plus two (paid) volunteering days a year to spend your time giving back to the causes that matter to you and your community
- Rich learning and development opportunities supported through the Trustpilot Academy, LinkedIn Learning and Blinkist
- Pension and life insurance
- Health cash plan, online GP, 24/7, Employee Assistance Plan
- Full access to Headspace, a popular mindfulness app to promote positive mental health
- Paid parental leave
- Season ticket loan and a cycle to work scheme
- Central office location complete with table tennis, a gaming corner, coffee bars and all the snacks and refreshments you can ask for
- Regular opportunities to connect and get to know your fellow Trusties, including company-wide celebrations and events, ERG activities and team socials.
- Free breakfast and lunch in the office on Tuesdays and Wednesdays along with extra treats throughout the month — think ice cream carts, chocolate fountains and cocktail/mocktail bars, to name a few
- Access to over 4,000 deals and discounts on things like travel, electronics, fashion, fitness, cinema discounts and more.
- Independent financial advice and free standard professional mortgage broker advice
Still not sure?
We are Open to All, which means we want everyone to feel like they can see themselves at Trustpilot. We're keen to hear about your experiences as well as how you can help to create a fantastic culture for our amazing Trusties. So, don't worry if you're looking at this job description and feel like you don't meet all the requirements, we'd still really like to hear from you!
At Trustpilot, we’re passionate about our mission to offer a free and open to all review platform, built on collaboration. For consumers, we’re a place to connect with and influence businesses. For companies, we’re a platform for progress; a way to improve and innovate by engaging and collaborating with consumers.
We’re driven by connection. It’s at the heart of what we do. Our culture keeps things fresh –– it’s built on the relationships we create. We talk, we laugh, we collaborate and we respect each other. We work across borders and cultures to be a tangible symbol of trust in an ever-changing world. With vibrant office locations all around the world and over 50 nationalities, we’re proud to be an equal opportunity workplace with diverse perspectives and ideas.
Our purpose is a tall order, but we keep it real. We’re a great bunch of humans, doing awesome stuff, without fuss or pretense.
A successful Trustpilot future is driven by you –– we give you the autonomy to shape a career you can be proud of. If you’re ready to grow, let’s go.
Join us at the heart of trust.
Trustpilot is committed to creating an inclusive environment where people from all backgrounds can thrive and where different viewpoints and experiences are valued and respected. Trustpilot will consider all applications for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, national origin, religion, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, neurodiversity, disability, age, parental or veteran status. Together, we are the heart of trust.