Data Platform Engineer II
We’re a leading online reviews platform, free and open to all. Our mission is to be a universal symbol of trust. We are well on our way — but there’s still an exciting journey ahead of us. Do you want to join us at the heart of trust?
We are seeking a skilled Software Engineer to join our Data Platform team at Trustpilot.
As a member of the Data Platform team, you will play a vital role in creating scalable and empowering solutions that ensure Trustpilot's data is seamlessly delivered to all our Trusties. Our software developers, data analysts, analytics developers, and ML engineers rely on the work we do. Joining our team as a Software Engineer II, you will have the opportunity to contribute to Trustpilot's data democratisation strategy, enabling data accessibility for all.
What you’ll be doing:
As a Software Engineer in our Data Platform team, you will have the opportunity to make an impact. Your responsibilities will include:
- Designing, implementing, and delivering modern cloud-based architectures to develop robust and scalable solutions.
- Playing a crucial role in scaling and maintaining our services to meet the needs of our rapidly expanding user base.
- Implementing impactful initiatives that benefit the entire organisation.
- Collaborating with highly skilled and supportive engineers, working alongside some of the industry's finest expertise in a collaborative and innovative environment.
- Embracing continuous learning and growth, staying up-to-date with the latest trends in software engineering and cloud technologies.
Who you are:
This role is suitable for a burgeoning software engineer with solid professional experience. The Data Platform team uses Cloud Composer, Kafka, Beam, BigQuery, MongoDB, and DynamoDB. While we understand that candidates may not have prior knowledge of all these technologies, we encourage you to apply if you have:
- A strong foundation in software engineering principles and the ability to deliver high-quality code.
- A solid understanding of Python or Java.
- Experience with AWS or GCP.
- Familiarity with relational and NoSQL databases.
- Worked in agile teams, understand what it means to demonstrate agility, and can communicate and adapt effectively
- A consistent and determined nature when faced with challenges, demonstrating high problem-solving skills and the ability to find creative solutions to complex problems.
What’s in it for you:
- A range of flexible working options to dedicate time to what matters to you
- Attractive compensation package + bonus
- 28 days holiday plus two (paid) volunteering days a year to spend your time giving back to the causes that matter to you and your community
- Rich learning and development opportunities supported through the Trustpilot Academy, LinkedIn Learning and Blinkist
- Pension and Life Insurance
- Health cash plan, Online GP, 24/7 Employee Assistance PlanFull access to Headspace, a popular mindfulness app to promote positive mental health
- Paid parental leave
- Season ticket loan and a cycle to work scheme
- Central office location complete with table tennis, a gaming corner with a Nintendo Wii and VR headsets, coffee bars and all the snacks and refreshments you can ask for
- Regular opportunities to connect and get to know your fellow Trusties, including company-wide celebrations and events, ERG activities and team socials.
- Free breakfast and lunch in the office on Tuesdays and Wednesdays along with extra treats throughout the month — think ice cream carts, chocolate fountains and cocktail/mocktail bars, to name a few.
- Access to over 4,000 deals and discounts on things like travel, electronics, fashion, gym memberships, cinema discounts and more
Still not sure?
We are Open to All, which means we want everyone to feel like they can see themselves at Trustpilot. We're keen to hear about your experiences as well as how you can assist to create a fantastic culture for our amazing Trusties. So, don't worry if you're looking at this job description and feel like you don't meet all the requirements, we'd still really like to hear from you!
At Trustpilot, we’re passionate about our mission to offer a free and open to all review platform, built on collaboration. For consumers, we’re a place to connect with and influence businesses. For companies, we’re a platform for progress; a way to improve and innovate by engaging and collaborating with consumers.
We’re driven by connection. It’s at the heart of what we do. Our culture keeps things fresh –– it’s built on the relationships we create. We talk, we laugh, we collaborate and we respect each other. We work across borders and cultures to be a tangible symbol of trust in an ever-changing world. With vibrant office locations all around the world and over 50 nationalities, we’re proud to be an equal opportunity workplace with diverse perspectives and ideas.
Our purpose is a tall order, but we keep it real. We’re a great bunch of humans, doing awesome stuff, without fuss or pretense.
A successful Trustpilot future is driven by you –– we give you the autonomy to shape a career you can be proud of. If you’re ready to grow, let’s go.
Join us at the heart of trust.
Trustpilot is committed to creating an inclusive environment where people from all backgrounds can thrive and where different viewpoints and experiences are valued and respected. Trustpilot will consider all applications for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, national origin, religion, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, neurodiversity, disability, age, parental or veteran status. Together, we are the heart of trust.