Technical Program Manager - Mechanics (w/d/m)
As Europe's leading provider in the field of micromobility, TIER's mission is to change mobility for the better. And to do that, we need talents like you who love innovation and exciting challenges as much as we do. Help us make mobility more sustainable and become part of the team!
Hybrid role based in Leipzig, Germany, Permanent, Full-time
We are seeking a highly skilled and motivated Technical Program Manager (Mechanics) to join our dynamic team. As the Technical Program Manager (Mechanics), your primary goal will be to ensure the qualitative, timely, and cost-effective development of mechanical components. You will play a crucial role in the sustainable expansion and improvement of our products while providing technical leadership to a team of developers. Additionally, you will be the primary contact person for our Head of Hardware Development (HoHDEV) and Product Release Managers (PRMs).
If you are passionate about driving innovation in the field of mechanical components development, possess strong leadership skills, and have a keen eye for quality, we would love to hear from you. Join us and be part of a dynamic team revolutionizing the future of mobility.
THE ROLE AND YOUR IMPACT AT TIER
- Lead the development and optimization of mechanical components, including frames, forks, covers, drivetrains, handlebars, brakes, and wheels.
- Assign projects and task packages to developers in coordination with the HoHDEV.
- Plan and control the tasks of developers within the context of sprints.
- Create decision templates for the HoHDEV based on development results.
- Monitor external development partners and service providers.
- Review requirements and specifications, and derive concrete tasks.
- Provide input to developers and development engineers in the creation of technical concepts and solution proposals.
- Support the analysis of tests and samples, and derive next steps.
- Ensure the integration of technical objectives and key results (OKRs) into the team.
- Assess technical risks and their impact on timeline, cost, and quality.
- Maintain an overview of dependencies and interactions through systems engineering.
- Report progress and updates to the HoHDEV.
- Facilitate knowledge and know-how transfer within the team, supporting their professional development through coaching and mentoring.
- Participate in supplier meetings as a consultant.
- Collaborate with the HoHDEV to plan and execute departmental OKRs.
- Ensure successful product releases within the development process.
- Implement departmental processes and standards.
- Manage technical workshops.
- Provide technical crisis management and troubleshooting.
- Coordinate backlog maintenance with the Scrum Master.
- Act as an internal and external contact for technical questions and decisions at a high level.
YOU’LL FIT GREAT WITH THESE SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Strong team player with excellent communication skills and a positive, solution-oriented mindset.
- Empathic and flexible, with a continuous drive for improvement.
- High quality standards and enthusiasm for wheels and mobility concepts.
- Extensive knowledge and many years of experience in the field of mechanics, specifically in frame, fork, cover, drivetrain, handlebars, brakes, and wheels.
- Familiarity with the product portfolio at TIER.
- Degree in a technical field, preferably in mechanics, or equivalent education with 3 years of work experience.
- Industry knowledge of the bicycle market and a passion for e-bikes.
- Proficient in JIRA for task management.
- Fluent in German and English (business level).
THIS MAY INSPIRE YOU
- Join us at the forefront of one of the most exciting and rapidly moving industries
- We’re agile, we’re growing and so will you! At TIER, there’s space for exponential professional development and room to make a huge impact on the business going forward
- Being part of the team means you’re part of its success. Our ESOP program gives you an opportunity to have a share in the company – nothing like invested interest!
- Surf your city with free rides on our e-scooters and e-bikes
- Diversity and inclusivity is super important to us, so enjoy initiatives & programs such as #WomenofTIER
- Expect company onboarding and team events with international colleagues from all over the world
- Benefit from flexible hours and our remote work options
- Profit from competitive compensation combined with perks like memberships with Urban Sports Club, Blinklist and Headspace
- Be part of one of the fastest growing and most funded startups in Europe with a world-class team of serial entrepreneurs (Co-founder of Rebuy, Takeaway, and Coup) and high-performers (Ex BCG, Uber, JPMorgan, Delivery Hero, and more)
*Depending on the role and location your benefits may differ.
We actively encourage a diverse and inclusive environment that fosters each employee’s individuality at TIER. We take affirmative action to ensure equal opportunity for your application, regardless to your nationality, ethnic or national origin, skin color, religion, disability, sex, sexual orientation or gender identity. Come as you are and join our ride!
In case you are living with disabilities, chronic illness or neurodiversity please inform us, to provide you with the proper assistance in the application process.
If we could spark your interest and you want to change mobility for good with us, apply now and let us know why you’re the one for the job! We encourage everyone to apply and grow with us. Even if you may not tick all the boxes of the requirements, we are happy to hear about the value you can add to the team. We are all learners!
We are looking forward to your application!