Software Engineer, Mobile
Magic is spearheading the global shift to web3, a decentralized internet. Our focus is simplifying web3 onboarding and adoption by enabling instant web3 wallet creation, mirroring user-friendly web2 experiences. With 20M+ wallets, 130K+ developers, and $52 million in funding, we're shaping a future where users have total control over their digital assets.
We believe in an internet that grants users new digital property rights, empowering personal ownership of virtual assets. This vision is endorsed by our major partners, such as Mattel, Macy’s, ImmutableX, Niftys, & OpenSea, and leading investors like Tiger Global, Lightspeed Ventures, SV Angel, Social Capital, Northzone, Placeholder, Naval Ravikant, Alexis Ohanian, and Balaji Srinivasan.
If you are excited to help onboard the next billion users to a useful, accessible, and safe Web3, let’s chat!
Magic’s vision is an Internet of people, not credentials. We are looking for team members who are not afraid to push beyond the status quo and create the simplest, most secure, and most long-term sustainable identity solution for app developers and end-users.
Magic’s mobile team is responsible for delivering the best user experience on Android and iOS apps. As a Mobile Developer at Magic, you will partner with designers and product managers to maintain our internal suite of mobile app development tools and external SDKs while exploring 20+ blockchain use cases with our mobile SDKs. This is a unique opportunity to shape the future of web3 onboarding & the wallet experience on mobile platforms, that will be used by millions of people and revolutionize how people interact with apps on their mobile devices.
Magic is a fully remote company with a preference for candidates in North American time zones.
- Design and build mobile SDK libraries for iOS & Android Native platforms
- Learn, integrate and build mobile solutions for multiple blockchains
- Work cross-functionally to provide support and develop new features for native iOS and Android applications
- Empathy with customers, developers, and users who rely on our services
- A passion for improving developer experience and reducing user friction
- Attention to detail and the creativity to bring static mock-ups to life
- Knowledge of security best practices, especially the pitfalls that come with developing secure applications for the web
- An ability to write well-designed, testable, and efficient code while balancing feasibility with ambition
- Knowledge and expertise in following the Agile Software Development Life Cycle
- Strong opinions, loosely held
- 2+ years of experience working as a mobile engineer in a cross-functional team (design, frontend, backend, and operations) with strong communication skills
- A background in developing mobile apps and release to App store / Play store
- Experience releasing libraries with Swift Package Manager and Cocoapods for iOS and Maven Central for Android
- Strong technical writing skills
- Experience developing open source software and developer tools
- Keen awareness of mobile security
- Experience with Flutter and dart
- Wallet and/or web3 experience (domain understanding)
- Fully remote team and flexible working hours
- Competitive salary and stock options
- Unlimited paid time off
- 99% coverage of platinum-level Health, Vision, and Dental insurance
- 401(k) program
- Top of the line equipment
- $300 monthly budget for home office needs and professional development
- 16 weeks of paid parental leave
- Family planning and reproductive health benefit with $5,000 lifetime reimbursement through Maven
- Annual team meetups
- Discretionary performance bonus
We welcome all qualified candidates to apply for the position. However, please note that we are not currently able to provide visa sponsorship for employment. Applicants must already be authorized to work in the United States for any employer.
At Magic, we believe building a team full of diverse perspectives and experiences is vital to success. Therefore, we strongly encourage anyone historically underrepresented in tech to apply for this role. Magic does not discriminate based on gender, sexual orientation, race, religion, citizenship status, age, or physical ability. Empathy, authenticity, and inclusivity are at the core of all we do.