VP of Risk (Embedded Finance)
Kriya's suite of tools keeps business flowing brilliantly by providing frictionless access to payments, credit and working capital through seamless integrations and instant credit decisions.
Founded in 2011, Kriya has helped businesses collect over £20 billion in B2B payments, and advanced over £3 billion worth of credit through working capital and business loans. Kriya has a wide-reaching network of strategic distribution partners including Barclays Bank UK PLC, and is backed by a prestigious array of equity investors including Northzone, Barclays Bank UK PLC and Mouro Capital (owned by Santander Bank).
Kriya has helped thousands of small businesses bridge the gap between completing orders and waiting to collect buyer payments. We are now interested in how we evolve our product set to integrate into third party ecosystems, creating an embedded finance offering. Increasingly B2B transactions are going digital and we are very well placed to help various platforms with this transition.
We are looking for an experienced risk specialist to spearhead our embedded finance product development. This role requires an innovative mindset, with the ability to identify new ways to make credit decisions, sourcing and utilising new data sets. You will build the core risk capabilities, from establishing risk appetite, evaluating risk and designing our policies and processes. Once the product is in market, the role will require continuous learning and improvements to optimise credit performance, forecasting and tracking performance of the portfolio.
You will be a leader in our Risk Function, reporting into the Chief Risk Officer, and working closely with our General Manager and Chief Capital Officer. Given the focus on this strategic plan, the Founder/CEO will also be a key stakeholder.
What you'll do:
- Define the key requirements for the product design and market positioning, specifically around the data capture and credit processing approach for the UK and international markets.
- Develop and optimise our pricing models and loss forecasts. Collaborate with our Data Science, Risk Analytics, Commercial and Engineering teams in developing our predictive models, product features and processes.
- Work with our Legal & Compliance teams to set up Know-Your-Customer, Anti-Money Laundering, and financial crime frameworks that support the embedded product vision.
- Work closely with the Capital Markets team to secure funding by establishing understanding and confidence in our profitability assessments and risk management framework.
- Continually enhance the portfolio performance through monitoring, insight and investigative analysis, explaining findings and recommendations to stakeholders in a clear non-technical way that is easy for stakeholders to digest and understand.
- Support the collections and recovery team with data driven insight and collections strategies.