Merchant Portfolio Risk Manager
Kriya is a fintech platform that keeps business flowing brilliantly by providing frictionless access to payments, credit and working capital through seamless integrations and instant credit decisions.
Founded in 2011, Kriya has helped businesses collect over £20 billion in B2B payments, and advanced over £3 billion worth of credit through working capital and business loans. Kriya has a wide-reaching network of strategic distribution partners including Barclays Bank UK PLC, and is backed by a prestigious array of equity investors including Northzone, Barclays Bank UK PLC and Mouro Capital (owned by Santander Bank).
As a Merchant Risk Monitoring Manager, you’ll take ownership of the management, monitoring and control of a portfolio of merchants using our B2B payments solutions. With a strong understanding of risk in an underwriting, audit, survey and customer management capacity, you will work closely with the Collections and Recovery team on impaired case management. You will also act as the first point of contact for risk-related queries to Account Management and other key teams across the business.
With 2+ years risk management experience under your belt, we can’t wait for you to bring your knowledge of key SME collateral and risk drivers to the team.
What you’ll be doing:
- Run regular collateral assessments and reviews on merchant facilities within agreed service levels.
- Use sound judgement and strong commercial awareness across sectors to guide approval of facility amendment requests under personal delegated mandates or via higher approval authority.
- Structure payments facility proposals for our merchants using excellent analytical and negotiation skills.
- Approve specific orders, buyers and/or supporting contracts/audit train documentation prior to approving orders on our smart online platform.
- Identify, monitor and manage the strategy for all “watchlist” accounts.
- Retrospectively review delinquent accounts to establish key learnings and identify changes in our risk approach.
- Provide recommendations on the ongoing development of systems, processes and business practices to provide improvements in efficiency and capacity.
- Help to shape and develop our credit processes to deliver fast, efficient and robust decisions within agreed risk appetite parameters.
- Use strong people management and communication skills to provide coaching, development and guidance on risk parameters to colleagues as well as key business introducers/financial partners.
- Scope to be actively involved in wider projects such as product development initiatives.
- Must have a minimum of 2 years risk management experience, (prior payments experience is an advantage but not essential).
- Have a strong understanding of payments risk in an underwriting and client management capacity.
- Strong analytical skills and understanding of the key collateral and risk drivers specific to SME underwriting.
- Strong communication & negotiation skills.
- You’re independent, well organised and with a “make things happen” attitude.
- You work hard and are passionate about achieving great results.
- You pitch-in and aren’t afraid to get your hands dirty.
- You’re excited by the challenge of revolutionising Payments.
Our company values are:
We're focused on getting the important stuff done first. We don't get bogged down in long emails and lots of meetings, we find solutions (they're out there!) and get it done!
The only constant is change: we embrace change and learn. We ask and listen for feedback, and always provide it too.
We always put the whole company first - when we succeed collectively, we all succeed individually. Everyone has a voice, we listen to each other's opinions.
Not only will you have the opportunity to make a huge impact at one of the UK's leading FinTech companies, you will also have access to:
- Best in class share options scheme
- A great office in the heart of Shoreditch (complete with roof terrace, ping pong, interactive Zoom Rooms and beer fridge), to help collaboration and in person innovation time
- 60 days work from abroad allowance
- 25 days of annual leave per year, plus your Birthday off
- 26 weeks of enhanced maternity leave/ 8 weeks paternity leave
- Life Insurance and Private health coverage with half price Virgin Active/David Lloyds gym membership
- Unlimited access to all Tate Modern exhibitions, free Amazon Kindle and book purchase allowance
- Regular social events, free office lunches (2x a week) and sporting events including Yoga and Football
- Summer Fridays - with half day off every other Friday during the summer months
- Mentoring from industry leaders and peers
- The opportunity to progress your career at one of the UK’s leading FinTech companies
Our Commitment to You
We will do our best to reply to all applications, however if you have not had a response within 4 weeks, please assume your application has not been successful.
Kriya is constantly working to maintain and improve our inclusive, friendly workplace. We ensure that both applicants and our people receive unbiased treatment without discrimination on the grounds of gender, age, disability, religion, belief, sexual orientation, marital status, race or any other protected characteristic.
How will we use your information?
We will use your data to process your application, to allow us to assess your suitability for a role, market job opportunities and recruitment information and improve our sites. We may share your data with third parties to achieve these purposes. We will not share your data for marketing purposes. We will keep your data safe in accordance with data protection legislation.
If you are unhappy with the use of your data, you can change your mind at any time by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org