Head of Merchant Risk
Kriya's suite of tools keeps business flowing brilliantly by providing frictionless access to payments, credit and working capital through seamless integrations and instant credit decisions.
Founded in 2011, Kriya has helped businesses collect over £20 billion in B2B payments, and advanced over £3 billion worth of credit through working capital and business loans. Kriya has a wide-reaching network of strategic distribution partners including Barclays Bank UK PLC, and is backed by a prestigious array of equity investors including Northzone, Barclays Bank UK PLC and Mouro Capital (owned by Santander Bank).
- Leading the Risk function in developing the framework for assessing prospective merchant partners and other key risk initiatives
- Taking the lead on risk strategy and processes for the launch of new products, segments, customer types, jurisdictions and channels
- Build out the team over time, developing their talents and prioritising efforts according to business needs
- Work closely with cross-functional teams including Product, Data & Decisioning, Capital Markets, Commercial and Technology to understand business drivers and make recommendations to change the credit strategy
- Communicating the strategy and performance of the portfolios to business unit leads and external stakeholders in a clear and concise manner
- Leading on a range of Risk initiatives as the business grows and the product offering evolves - you will be a key point of contact in the Kriya Risk team
- Proven experience in credit risk analysis along with in-depth market knowledge
- Experience of assessing merchants, as well as broader exposure to business lending
- Exceptional leadership and people management skills and the ability to influence, build and maintain relationships throughout the organisation
- A track record of solving problems in an efficient manner
- Strong communication, interpersonal and collaboration skills
- Excellent organisational skills and the ability to manage multiple products each with different priorities and stages of development
- Aptitude and willingness to roll-up the sleeves and get involved in the details
- Enthusiasm to work in a fast-paced organisation and take-on more responsibility over time
Our company values are:
We're focused on getting the important stuff done first. We don't get bogged down in long emails and lots of meetings, we find solutions (they're out there!) and get it done!
The only constant is change: we embrace change and learn. We ask and listen for feedback, and always provide it too.
We always put the whole company first - when we succeed collectively, we all succeed individually. Everyone has a voice, we listen to each other's opinions.
Not only will you have the opportunity to make a huge impact at one of the UK's leading FinTech companies, you will also have access to:
- Best in class share options scheme
- A great office in the heart of Shoreditch (complete with roof terrace, ping pong, interactive Zoom Rooms and beer fridge), to help collaboration and in person innovation time
- 60 days work from abroad allowance
- 25 days of annual leave per year, plus your Birthday off
- 26 weeks of enhanced maternity leave/ 8 weeks paternity leave
- Life Insurance and Private health coverage with half price Virgin Active/David Lloyds gym membership
- Unlimited access to all Tate Modern exhibitions, free Amazon Kindle and book purchase allowance
- Regular social events, free office lunches (2x a week) and sporting events including Yoga and Football
- Summer Fridays - with half day off every other Friday during the summer months
- Mentoring from industry leaders and peers
- The opportunity to progress your career at one of the UK’s leading FinTech companies
Our Commitment to You
We will do our best to reply to all applications, however if you have not had a response within 4 weeks, please assume your application has not been successful.
Kriya is constantly working to maintain and improve our inclusive, friendly workplace. We ensure that both applicants and our people receive unbiased treatment without discrimination on the grounds of gender, age, disability, religion, belief, sexual orientation, marital status, race or any other protected characteristic.
How will we use your information?
We will use your data to process your application, to allow us to assess your suitability for a role, market job opportunities and recruitment information and improve our sites. We may share your data with third parties to achieve these purposes. We will not share your data for marketing purposes. We will keep your data safe in accordance with data protection legislation.
If you are unhappy with the use of your data, you can change your mind at any time by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org