Risk Specialist / Junior Risk Specialist
Kriya is a fintech platform that keeps business flowing brilliantly by providing frictionless access to payments, credit and working capital through seamless integrations and instant credit decisions.
Founded in 2011, Kriya has helped businesses collect over £20 billion in B2B payments, and advanced over £3 billion worth of credit through working capital and business loans. Kriya has a wide-reaching network of strategic distribution partners including Barclays Bank UK PLC, and is backed by a prestigious array of equity investors including Northzone, Barclays Bank UK PLC and Mouro Capital (owned by Santander Bank).
As a Risk Specialist within Payments, you’ll be part of a team that is intrinsic to the Kriya’s Payment squad and Kriya’s Risk Team, ensuring operational and administrative processes are delivered seamlessly and with speed. You’ll act as an important go between Sales and the wider Risk Team as well as working with other functions within the business. This will enable you to develop and implement your ideas on how to make Risk Processes and Operations slick and scalable. This is also a great opportunity for you to learn about operational risk, KYC and AML, and an intro into the world of Payments and data-driven decisioning. This is a fantastic position if you are looking to develop your career in FinTech!
What you’ll be doing:
- Act as the 1st line of defence assigning eligibility and limit allocations of Payment’s customers.
- Performing ongoing risk monitoring of the Payment’s portfolio, ensuring decisioning is based on up to date information.
- Conducting transaction monitoring on all Payments customers to combat various risks include Fraud, AML and Credit Risk.
- Create and develop processes and automation strategies to improve the way we work and collaborate with other teams.
- Think of new dynamic ways to face challenges and demonstrate an agile and approachable working manner.
- Work closely with our Legal, AML and FinCrime mitigating against fraud and ensuring we’re meeting our service level agreements.
- Respond to queries from both Risk & Sales as well as external parties
- Strong interpersonal skills with an ability to manage and build trusted, lasting and fruitful relationships.
- You will have a strong academic background and you will have developed a strong understanding of Business Lending and Buy Now Pay Later products during the application process.
- Strong communication, analytical, and investigative skills.
- Keen interest in the FinTech sector and the growing online lending space
- You’ll thrive under the pressure of quickly switching between tasks and prioritising a large number of work streams
Our company values are:
We're focused on getting the important stuff done first. We don't get bogged down in long emails and lots of meetings, we find solutions (they're out there!) and get it done!
The only constant is change: we embrace change and learn. We ask and listen for feedback, and always provide it too.
We always put the whole company first - when we succeed collectively, we all succeed individually. Everyone has a voice, we listen to each other's opinions.
Not only will you have the opportunity to make a huge impact at one of the UK's leading FinTech companies, you will also have access to:
- Best in class share options scheme
- Fast career progression and ownership responsibilities
- 25 days of annual leave per year, plus your Birthday off
- Summer Fridays - with half day off every other Friday during the summer months
- Mentoring from industry leaders and peers
- The opportunity to progress your career at one of the UK’s leading FinTech companies
Our Commitment to You:
We will do our best to reply to all applications, however if you have not had a response within 4 weeks, please assume your application has not been successful.
Kriya is constantly working to maintain and improve our inclusive, friendly workplace. We ensure that both applicants and our people receive unbiased treatment without discrimination on the grounds of gender, age, disability, religion, belief, sexual orientation, marital status, race or any other protected characteristic.
How will we use your information?
We will use your data to process your application, to allow us to assess your suitability for a role, market job opportunities and recruitment information and improve our sites. We may share your data with third parties to achieve these purposes. We will not share your data for marketing purposes. We will keep your data safe in accordance with data protection legislation.