Business Data Analyst - Credit
IT, Data Science
Posted on Friday, January 14, 2022
On our path to becoming the world’s favorite way to shop, we’re assembling an unparalleled global talent network, accelerating individual careers, and disrupting entire industries. We are on a mission to liberate humanity from all the meaningless time spent managing their purchases and finances, so they can do more of what they love. We’re in search of global talent eager to embrace our atmosphere and defy their own expectations.
Klarna strives to become the world’s favourite way to buy, and you can contribute to reaching this goal! We are looking to hire great people, who are passionate about using their talents to generate success. Analytics is no exception! We are currently looking to grow our Analytics teams to satisfy the company’s ever-increasing need for complex problem-solving and data-driven decision making.
Who you are
We are looking for ambitious people with significant drive! We need problem solvers, initiative takers, and people that see opportunities and potential to improve. You should be passionate about your job and enjoy a fast-paced international working environment. You will play an important role in taking Klarna to the next level - thus, you should desire to go above and beyond to deliver and grow as an individual. At Klarna we embrace change, you should dare to challenge the status quo and be persistent in doing so.
What you will do
Analytics at Klarna is divided into several teams with unique responsibilities. One of these areas is our Credit Risk Analytics teams, which focus on the continuous improvement of our credit risk real-time decisions for every transaction processed by Klarna. Our Analysts aim to understand consumer behaviors to identify and address consumer credit risk with the help of various tools to protect our business from credit risk-related losses and consumers' over-indebtedness and abuse. We are looking to fill both junior and senior roles.
- Work together in a team (usually 4-8 people) to deliver toward a common goal closely related to the company’s financials.
- Use a data-driven approach to optimize one of the most influential parts of Klarna's business performance.
- Developing strategies to ensure responsible lending, avoiding over-indebtedness and credit abuse.
- Collaborate with various stakeholders, from product teams to customer service.
- Work with credit risk end-to-end; monitoring business performance, discovering anomalies or identifying opportunities, making decisions based on created insights, implementing changes and following up there impact.
- Work with different markets and payment methods, and understand the patterns of how risk varies based on circumstances in a rapidly evolving industry.
- Ensure that adequate controls, monitoring and testing are in place.
- Use analytical tools (e.g. SQL, Python, or similar) to analyze data.
You should have
- A structured, data-driven approach, and experience of using data for problem-solving and decision-making.
- Significant drive and ambition.
- Having 1+ years of full-time experience within analytics is mandatory.
- Fantastic stakeholder management skills.
- A curious mindset - you’ll be someone who loves to question “why”.
- Proficient verbal and written communication skills in English.
- A university degree in Science, Technology, Mathematics, Engineering or Business. While most analysts at Klarna share this background, you may also surprise us with another unique perspective! We strongly value inclusiveness and diversity at Klarna.
For a Senior role you should also have
- An excellent track record in optimizing business performance and identifying gaps in business strategy.
- Driving initiatives involving both excellent independent work and efficient delegation to teams of analysts.
- Proactively aligning with senior stakeholders across the company.
- Understands how to prioritize between different tasks.
- Be a subject matter expert in your area and being able to educate both more junior and senior stakeholders in the organization on the topic their area of expertise.
- Is able to challenge the way things are done in a constructive way and suggest improvements.
Please send us a CV in English in this application and we will come back to you as soon as possible if we find your profile relevant for the role.
What we offer:
Diversity & Community
With our diversity of skills, perspectives and backgrounds, we can create, innovate, and disrupt like no other. Diversity is part of who we are, and essential to our success.
Ownership & Impact
Here, every voice matters. We’re organized into hundreds of small teams, each run like a start-up, focused on their own problem-space.
Trust & Collaboration
Successes and failures are won together at Klarna in a melting pot of teams. Win, lose, and learn, we’re on this path together.
If you love what you do, you should love where you do it. We appreciate that everyone’s different and has their own preferences of where and how to work. We genuinely believe in the power of regular face-to-face interactions in building close connections with our teams, but we also strongly believe people can work effectively remotely. This means that combining both is the key to success.
At Klarna, You can choose between working from the office, hybrid within your employment country, or even outside of it for up to 20 working days per year. Flex it up!
Challenges & Rewards
We take a very Swedish approach to benefits. Support for parents, health and wellness perks—we’ve got you covered.
Since 2005 Klarna has been on a mission to revolutionize the retail banking industry. With over 150 million global active users and 2 million transactions per day, Klarna is meeting the changing demands of consumers by saving them time and money while helping them be informed and in control. Over 450,000 global retail partners, including H&M, Saks, Sephora, Macys, IKEA, Expedia Group, and Nike have integrated Klarna's innovative technology to deliver a seamless shopping experience online and in-store. Klarna has over 6,000 employees and is active in 45 markets. For more information, visit Klarna.com
It is our commitment that every qualified person will be evaluated according to skills regardless of age, gender, identity, ethnicity, sexual orientation, disability status or religion. Please refrain from including your picture and age with the application.