Senior Android Engineer
Posted on Wednesday, October 18, 2023
On our path to becoming the world’s favorite way to shop, we’re assembling an unparalleled global talent network, accelerating individual careers, and disrupting entire industries. We are on a mission to liberate humanity from all the meaningless time spent managing their purchases and finances, so they can do more of what they love. We’re in search of global talent eager to embrace our atmosphere and defy their own expectations.
Klarna is seeking a talented Senior Android Engineer to join our Browser team in Poland. The team is responsible for providing a modern, functional and enjoyable web browsing experience for users of the Klarna app. You will be responsible for creating pixel-perfect UI components, optimizing performance and will work closely with automation teams to solve interesting problems around web scraping, page and field detection, automatic navigation and filling. We are a team that operates at the forefront of the organization’s core technologies, oftentimes demanding a high level of speed and focus. However, during our downtime, we thoroughly enjoy engaging in exploration and research & development of new technologies and improvements, all of which we aspire to bring to our valued users.
- Write clean, efficient, and well-documented Kotlin code
- Collaborate with designers and other developers to create user-friendly and responsive user-facing features
- Build and maintain reusable components and libraries
- Participate in code reviews and contribute to a culture of continuous improvement
- Stay up-to-date with the latest trends and technologies in app development
Who you are
- Strong proficiency in Kotlin
- Proven track record of Android app development and deployment
- Basic knowledge of application layer Internet protocols
- Familiarity with version control systems such as Git
- Experience with Agile development methodologies
- Excellent problem-solving skills and attention to detail
- Strong communication skills and ability to work effectively in a team environment
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Computer Science or a related field
- Experience in web browser development
- Experience in hybrid app development with frameworks such as React Native or Flutter
What we offer:
Diversity & Community
With our diversity of skills, perspectives and backgrounds, we can create, innovate, and disrupt like no other. Diversity is part of who we are, and essential to our success.
Ownership & Impact
Here, every voice matters. We’re organized into hundreds of small teams, each run like a start-up, focused on their own problem-space.
Trust & Collaboration
Successes and failures are won together at Klarna in a melting pot of teams. Win, lose, and learn, we’re on this path together.
If you love what you do, you should love where you do it. We appreciate that everyone’s different and has their own preferences of where and how to work. We genuinely believe in the power of regular face-to-face interactions in building close connections with our teams, but we also strongly believe people can work effectively remotely. This means that combining both is the key to success.
At Klarna, You can choose between working from the office, hybrid within your employment country, or even outside of it for up to 20 working days per year. Flex it up!
Challenges & Rewards
We take a very Swedish approach to benefits. Support for parents, health and wellness perks—we’ve got you covered.
Since 2005 Klarna has been on a mission to revolutionize the retail banking industry. With over 150 million global active users and 2 million transactions per day, Klarna is meeting the changing demands of consumers by saving them time and money while helping them be informed and in control. Over 450,000 global retail partners, including H&M, Saks, Sephora, Macys, IKEA, Expedia Group, and Nike have integrated Klarna's innovative technology to deliver a seamless shopping experience online and in-store. Klarna has over 6,000 employees and is active in 45 markets. For more information, visit Klarna.com
It is our commitment that every qualified person will be evaluated according to skills regardless of age, gender, identity, ethnicity, sexual orientation, disability status or religion. Please refrain from including your picture and age with the application.