Senior Network Security Engineer
Posted on Tuesday, October 10, 2023
On our path to becoming the world’s favorite way to shop, we’re assembling an unparalleled global talent network, accelerating individual careers, and disrupting entire industries. We are on a mission to liberate humanity from all the meaningless time spent managing their purchases and finances, so they can do more of what they love. We’re in search of global talent eager to embrace our atmosphere and defy their own expectations.
We are seeking an experienced Network Security Engineer who will take the lead in our company’s Zero Trust Network-based access (ZTNA) journey. You will be at the forefront of creating and implementing a modern, secure, and effective network framework, ensuring our company's processes remain safeguarded against possible cyber threats.
- Evaluate the existing VPN infrastructure and produce comprehensive technical reports to guide the transformation journey.
- Design, integrate and manage ZTN architecture according to best practices and company-specific requirements.
- Develop and maintain network security initiatives, ensuring a consistently high level of security across the transformed infrastructure.
- Work closely with stakeholders to execute the transformation strategically and efficiently.
- Conduct robust testing to validate the newly implemented ZTN framework and verify the elimination of security vulnerabilities.
- Monitor and address any potential network health issues and security events related to the ZTN.
- Regularly research and stay current with the latest industry trends and advancements in zero trust network technologies.
Skills and Experience
- 5+ years of experience in Network Engineering roles with a specialization in security.
- Extensive knowledge of Zero Trust Network architecture principles and implementation techniques.
- Deep understanding of WAF concepts, ability to apply appropriate rules depending on services;
- Experience in working with & implementing of reverse proxy solutions;
- Experience in network automation in cloud environments;
- In-depth understanding of network protocols (such as TCP/IP), routing and switching, firewall technologies, and other security technologies.
- Experience with Palo Alto security solutions will be a plus;
- Proficiency in network troubleshooting and performance tuning.
- Strong communication, problem-solving, and project management skills.
- Ability to facilitate collaboration within multiple teams.
What we offer:
Diversity & Community
With our diversity of skills, perspectives and backgrounds, we can create, innovate, and disrupt like no other. Diversity is part of who we are, and essential to our success.
Ownership & Impact
Here, every voice matters. We’re organized into hundreds of small teams, each run like a start-up, focused on their own problem-space.
Trust & Collaboration
Successes and failures are won together at Klarna in a melting pot of teams. Win, lose, and learn, we’re on this path together.
If you love what you do, you should love where you do it. We appreciate that everyone’s different and has their own preferences of where and how to work. We genuinely believe in the power of regular face-to-face interactions in building close connections with our teams, but we also strongly believe people can work effectively remotely. This means that combining both is the key to success.
At Klarna, You can choose between working from the office, hybrid within your employment country, or even outside of it for up to 20 working days per year. Flex it up!
Challenges & Rewards
We take a very Swedish approach to benefits. Support for parents, health and wellness perks—we’ve got you covered.
Since 2005 Klarna has been on a mission to revolutionize the retail banking industry. With over 150 million global active users and 2 million transactions per day, Klarna is meeting the changing demands of consumers by saving them time and money while helping them be informed and in control. Over 450,000 global retail partners, including H&M, Saks, Sephora, Macys, IKEA, Expedia Group, and Nike have integrated Klarna's innovative technology to deliver a seamless shopping experience online and in-store. Klarna has over 6,000 employees and is active in 45 markets. For more information, visit Klarna.com
It is our commitment that every qualified person will be evaluated according to skills regardless of age, gender, identity, ethnicity, sexual orientation, disability status or religion. Please refrain from including your picture and age with the application.