Senior Data Loss Prevention Engineer
Posted on Tuesday, October 10, 2023
On our path to becoming the world’s favorite way to shop, we’re assembling an unparalleled global talent network, accelerating individual careers, and disrupting entire industries. We are on a mission to liberate humanity from all the meaningless time spent managing their purchases and finances, so they can do more of what they love. We’re in search of global talent eager to embrace our atmosphere and defy their own expectations.
We are seeking a Senior Data Loss Prevention Engineer to join our team and play a pivotal role in safeguarding our sensitive information. As a Data Loss Prevention Engineer, you will be responsible for:
What you'll get to do
- Conducting in-depth analysis and swift remediation of events and incidents across various data protection platforms.
- Proactively identifying and minimizing false positives in both existing and new data protection controls.
- Collaborating with data protection engineers to communicate and implement technical control enhancements.
- Producing tailored reports as per management requests to refine and fortify technical controls and processes.
- Facilitating seamless communication between business units and data protection engineers for effective control implementation and refinement.
- Assisting the manager and technical lead in establishing team processes and adopting cutting-edge technologies to advance our data protection initiatives.
- Forecasting future data requirements and contributing to the development of robust security controls and processes.
- Creating educational materials for business subject matter experts, focusing on vital aspects of data identification, secure handling, storage, and transmission of sensitive information.
- Collaborating with security teams to drive the growth and evolution of our Sensitive Data Management Program, advocating for the adoption of cutting-edge Data Protection tools and techniques.
Who you are
- A relevant degree in Information Security, Cybersecurity, or Computer Science.
- Strong grasp of Information Security principles for the development of data protection processes. A completed degree in a related field or equivalent work experience.
- Experience with one or more DLP tools (e.g., Forcepoint, Digital Guardian, etc.).
- Possession of one or more Information Security Certifications (preferred: CISSP, CSSLP, CISM, CCSP, GSLC, GSEC, CISA, SSCP, Security+ or equivalent).
Join us in this critical role and be at the forefront of safeguarding our sensitive information. Your expertise will be pivotal in shaping our data protection strategy for the future.
What we offer:
Diversity & Community
With our diversity of skills, perspectives and backgrounds, we can create, innovate, and disrupt like no other. Diversity is part of who we are, and essential to our success.
Ownership & Impact
Here, every voice matters. We’re organized into hundreds of small teams, each run like a start-up, focused on their own problem-space.
Trust & Collaboration
Successes and failures are won together at Klarna in a melting pot of teams. Win, lose, and learn, we’re on this path together.
If you love what you do, you should love where you do it. We appreciate that everyone’s different and has their own preferences of where and how to work. We genuinely believe in the power of regular face-to-face interactions in building close connections with our teams, but we also strongly believe people can work effectively remotely. This means that combining both is the key to success.
At Klarna, You can choose between working from the office, hybrid within your employment country, or even outside of it for up to 20 working days per year. Flex it up!
Challenges & Rewards
We take a very Swedish approach to benefits. Support for parents, health and wellness perks—we’ve got you covered.
Since 2005 Klarna has been on a mission to revolutionize the retail banking industry. With over 150 million global active users and 2 million transactions per day, Klarna is meeting the changing demands of consumers by saving them time and money while helping them be informed and in control. Over 450,000 global retail partners, including H&M, Saks, Sephora, Macys, IKEA, Expedia Group, and Nike have integrated Klarna's innovative technology to deliver a seamless shopping experience online and in-store. Klarna has over 6,000 employees and is active in 45 markets. For more information, visit Klarna.com
It is our commitment that every qualified person will be evaluated according to skills regardless of age, gender, identity, ethnicity, sexual orientation, disability status or religion. Please refrain from including your picture and age with the application.