Senior Fraud/AML investigator
Accounting & Finance
Posted on Thursday, August 31, 2023
On our path to becoming the world’s favorite way to shop, we’re assembling an unparalleled global talent network, accelerating individual careers, and disrupting entire industries. We are on a mission to liberate humanity from all the meaningless time spent managing their purchases and finances, so they can do more of what they love. We’re in search of global talent eager to embrace our atmosphere and defy their own expectations.
As a Fraud / AML Investigator in the Partner Operations & Product Domain, you will play a key role in fulfilling our compliance and regulatory requirements as a bank. As part of the merchant investigation team, you will ensure that Klarna acts quickly and accurately to protect itself from partners with fraudulent, criminal, unethical or otherwise unwanted behavior. You will perform complex investigations, prepare SAR narratives and escalate them to group MLRO. You will also belong to the centre of excellence and expertise, which trains other teams and performs quality checks.
- Combat merchant fraud and money laundering to protect Klarna.
- Investigate and analyze merchant suspicious activity based on their trading patterns, behavior, transactions, business concept and other factors.
- Prepare extensive SAR narratives for Group MLRO outlining your suspicion and supporting it with data & findings.
- Perform quality checks on transaction monitoring cases, PEP and sanction screening.
- Suggest improvements to monitoring processes, alarm logic, risk ratings etc.
- Provide training to other teams on compliance and risk subjects ( KYC, due diligence, UBO, fraud typology etc.).
- To have knowledge of and experience in preparing SARs and cooperating with MLRO functions.
- To understand AML laws and regulations.
- To have strong open source investigation skills and experience.
- To be tech savvy and have the ability to analyze large quantities of data and detect anomalies. SQL knowledge is a plus.
- To be a team player mindset, thriving when working in a highly challenging, ever-changing environment .
- To be used to communicating with people cross-functionally.
What you bring
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Financial Crime, Journalism, Forensic Analysis, Statistics, Business, Management / other relevant field or equivalent experience.
- Significant practical experience in the risk industry, transaction monitoring, AML investigations, anti-fraud investigations. Fintech experience is a plus.
- Knowledge of compliance and AML regulations.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English. Other languages are a plus.
- Data driven mindset with a solution-focused approach.
- Ability to perform under pressure.
What we offer:
Diversity & Community
With our diversity of skills, perspectives and backgrounds, we can create, innovate, and disrupt like no other. Diversity is part of who we are, and essential to our success.
Ownership & Impact
Here, every voice matters. We’re organized into hundreds of small teams, each run like a start-up, focused on their own problem-space.
Trust & Collaboration
Successes and failures are won together at Klarna in a melting pot of teams. Win, lose, and learn, we’re on this path together.
If you love what you do, you should love where you do it. We appreciate that everyone’s different and has their own preferences of where and how to work. We genuinely believe in the power of regular face-to-face interactions in building close connections with our teams, but we also strongly believe people can work effectively remotely. This means that combining both is the key to success.
At Klarna, You can choose between working from the office, hybrid within your employment country, or even outside of it for up to 20 working days per year. Flex it up!
Challenges & Rewards
We take a very Swedish approach to benefits. Support for parents, health and wellness perks—we’ve got you covered.
Since 2005 Klarna has been on a mission to revolutionize the retail banking industry. With over 150 million global active users and 2 million transactions per day, Klarna is meeting the changing demands of consumers by saving them time and money while helping them be informed and in control. Over 450,000 global retail partners, including H&M, Saks, Sephora, Macys, IKEA, Expedia Group, and Nike have integrated Klarna's innovative technology to deliver a seamless shopping experience online and in-store. Klarna has over 6,000 employees and is active in 45 markets. For more information, visit Klarna.com
It is our commitment that every qualified person will be evaluated according to skills regardless of age, gender, identity, ethnicity, sexual orientation, disability status or religion. Please refrain from including your picture and age with the application.