Software Engineering, Other Engineering
Posted on Tuesday, August 29, 2023
On our path to becoming the world’s favorite way to shop, we’re assembling an unparalleled global talent network, accelerating individual careers, and disrupting entire industries. We are on a mission to liberate humanity from all the meaningless time spent managing their purchases and finances, so they can do more of what they love. We’re in search of global talent eager to embrace our atmosphere and defy their own expectations.
Engineering at Klarna is an inspired, customer focused community, dedicated to crafting solutions that redefine our industry. Working in small, highly collaborative Agile teams, you and your team will have a clear mission and ownership of an important outcome that supports Klarna and our customers. At Klarna we optimize for quality, flow, fast feedback, focussing on end-to-end ownership, continuous improvement, testing, monitoring and experimentation. We aim for teams that are inclusive, helpful, and have a strong sense of ownership for the things they build.
Klarna is in search of a talented Engineering Manager to join our Browser Automation team in Poland. This dynamic team is responsible for enhancing the shopping experience within our App by automating form-filling, streamlining payments and checkouts, and automating various aspects of the purchase flow, directly contributing to creation of the best shopping experience there is. In this dual role, you will serve as a technical leader and team manager.
Teams at Klarna are cross-competence and own their problem space end to end. Each member contributes to targets we set, ways of working and how we want to achieve our goals.
- Lead the development of new features from conceptualization to deployment, including feature breakdown into work packages, facilitating sprint planning, ensuring state-of-the-art technical solutions, and maintaining and supporting your team's deliverables.
- As the Competence Lead for the engineers on your team, offering regular feedback, fostering their growth as engineers, and assisting them in achieving their career goals.
- Actively contribute to the team's codebase, ensuring high-quality, maintainable code.
- Collaborate with designers, analysts and other feature teams to make sure features you own are integrated well within the Klarna App ecosystem.
- Influence and drive software design discussions to ensure optimal technical solutions.
- Drive continuous improvement efforts, with a strong focus on maintaining and enhancing quality, both within your team and across the organization.
- Proven track record of leading a development team that successfully built, released and maintained a software product.
- Experience with Agile development methodologies.
- Excellent problem-solving skills and attention to detail.
- Strong communication skills and the ability to collaborate effectively within cross-competence teams and represent your team within the company.
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Computer Science or a related field.
- Experience in hybrid app development using frameworks such as React Native or Flutter
Location: Poland - we strongly encourage meeting in our Wrocław office once a week.
Full-time position with competitive salary and benefits package.
If you are passionate about engineering and want to work in a challenging and rewarding environment, we encourage you to apply for this exciting opportunity.
What we offer:
Diversity & Community
With our diversity of skills, perspectives and backgrounds, we can create, innovate, and disrupt like no other. Diversity is part of who we are, and essential to our success.
Ownership & Impact
Here, every voice matters. We’re organized into hundreds of small teams, each run like a start-up, focused on their own problem-space.
Trust & Collaboration
Successes and failures are won together at Klarna in a melting pot of teams. Win, lose, and learn, we’re on this path together.
If you love what you do, you should love where you do it. We appreciate that everyone’s different and has their own preferences of where and how to work. We genuinely believe in the power of regular face-to-face interactions in building close connections with our teams, but we also strongly believe people can work effectively remotely. This means that combining both is the key to success.
At Klarna, You can choose between working from the office, hybrid within your employment country, or even outside of it for up to 20 working days per year. Flex it up!
Challenges & Rewards
We take a very Swedish approach to benefits. Support for parents, health and wellness perks—we’ve got you covered.
Since 2005 Klarna has been on a mission to revolutionize the retail banking industry. With over 150 million global active users and 2 million transactions per day, Klarna is meeting the changing demands of consumers by saving them time and money while helping them be informed and in control. Over 450,000 global retail partners, including H&M, Saks, Sephora, Macys, IKEA, Expedia Group, and Nike have integrated Klarna's innovative technology to deliver a seamless shopping experience online and in-store. Klarna has over 6,000 employees and is active in 45 markets. For more information, visit Klarna.com
It is our commitment that every qualified person will be evaluated according to skills regardless of age, gender, identity, ethnicity, sexual orientation, disability status or religion. Please refrain from including your picture and age with the application.