Engineering Manager - Android / iOS
Software Engineering, Other Engineering
Posted on Saturday, August 26, 2023
On our path to becoming the world’s favorite way to shop, we’re assembling an unparalleled global talent network, accelerating individual careers, and disrupting entire industries. We are on a mission to liberate humanity from all the meaningless time spent managing their purchases and finances, so they can do more of what they love. We’re in search of global talent eager to embrace our atmosphere and defy their own expectations.
Klarna is seeking a talented Engineering Manager to join our Browser team in Poland. The team is responsible for providing a modern, functional and enjoyable web browsing experience for users of the Klarna app. Your role will be twofold: tech lead and team manager. On the tech lead side you will focus on driving data based development of new features through all the phases from concept to deployment on production. On the team management side your responsibility will be to coach and support growth of engineers on your team.
We are a team that operates at the forefront of the organization’s core technologies, oftentimes demanding a high level of speed and focus. However, during our downtime, we thoroughly enjoy engaging in exploration and research & development of new technologies and improvements, all of which we aspire to bring to our valued users.
- Lead development of new features from concept to deployment: drive feature breakdown into work packages, facilitate sprint planning, take responsibility for delivering state of the art technical solutions, maintain and support what you own.
- Be the Competence Lead for engineers on your team: provide regular feedback, support their growth as engineers and assist them with reaching their career goals.
- Collaborate with designers, analysts and other feature teams to make sure features you own are integrated well within the Klarna App ecosystem.
- Influence and drive software design discussions.
- Drive continuous improvement focusing on quality in your own team and across teams.
- Proven track record of leading a mobile development team that built, released and maintained a mobile app with a large user base.
- Proficiency in Mobile Development in one of the following technologies: iOS, Android, React Native.
- Experience with Agile development methodologies.
- Excellent problem-solving skills and attention to detail.
- Strong communication skills and ability to work effectively within the cross-competence team as well as represent team within the company.
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Computer Science or a related field
- Experience in web browser development.
- Experience in hybrid app development with frameworks such as React Native or Flutter
- Location: Poland - we strongly encourage meeting in our Wrocław office once a week.
- Full-time position with competitive salary and benefits package.
What we offer:
Diversity & Community
With our diversity of skills, perspectives and backgrounds, we can create, innovate, and disrupt like no other. Diversity is part of who we are, and essential to our success.
Ownership & Impact
Here, every voice matters. We’re organized into hundreds of small teams, each run like a start-up, focused on their own problem-space.
Trust & Collaboration
Successes and failures are won together at Klarna in a melting pot of teams. Win, lose, and learn, we’re on this path together.
If you love what you do, you should love where you do it. We appreciate that everyone’s different and has their own preferences of where and how to work. We genuinely believe in the power of regular face-to-face interactions in building close connections with our teams, but we also strongly believe people can work effectively remotely. This means that combining both is the key to success.
At Klarna, You can choose between working from the office, hybrid within your employment country, or even outside of it for up to 20 working days per year. Flex it up!
Challenges & Rewards
We take a very Swedish approach to benefits. Support for parents, health and wellness perks—we’ve got you covered.
Since 2005 Klarna has been on a mission to revolutionize the retail banking industry. With over 150 million global active users and 2 million transactions per day, Klarna is meeting the changing demands of consumers by saving them time and money while helping them be informed and in control. Over 450,000 global retail partners, including H&M, Saks, Sephora, Macys, IKEA, Expedia Group, and Nike have integrated Klarna's innovative technology to deliver a seamless shopping experience online and in-store. Klarna has over 6,000 employees and is active in 45 markets. For more information, visit Klarna.com
It is our commitment that every qualified person will be evaluated according to skills regardless of age, gender, identity, ethnicity, sexual orientation, disability status or religion. Please refrain from including your picture and age with the application.