Posted on Tuesday, July 11, 2023
On our path to becoming the world’s favorite way to shop, we’re assembling an unparalleled global talent network, accelerating individual careers, and disrupting entire industries. We are on a mission to liberate humanity from all the meaningless time spent managing their purchases and finances, so they can do more of what they love. We’re in search of global talent eager to embrace our atmosphere and defy their own expectations.
As a KYC (Know Your Customer) /AML (Anti Money Laundry) Specialist , you will be responsible for ensuring compliance with regulatory requirements by conducting due diligence and risk reviews on new and existing customers, and conducting investigations as necessary. You will play a crucial role in performing an accurate risk assessment to maintain the integrity of our organization's financial systems and preventing potential fraud, money laundering, and terrorist financing activities.
- Customer Due Diligence (CDD): Conduct thorough and accurate CDD on new and existing partners, following established policies and procedures.
- Gather and verify customer identification documents, evaluate source of funds, and assess customer risk levels.
- Risk Assessment: Evaluate the level of risk associated with customers based on the information gathered during the CDD process. Utilize risk assessment frameworks and tools to categorize customers and identify high-risk entities.
- Documentation and Reporting: Prepare accurate and comprehensive reports detailing findings from customer due diligence, and risk assessments. Maintain detailed records and documentation to support the decision-making process and regulatory requirements.
- Collaboration and Communication: Collaborate with internal stakeholders to address compliance-related issues, share knowledge, and implement process improvements. Communicate effectively with relevant parties regarding the outcomes of investigations or escalated cases. Prepare and conduct trainings for more junior colleagues.
- Continuous Improvement: Identify areas for process improvement within the internal processes and contribute to enhancing existing policies, procedures, and systems. Propose innovative solutions to enhance the effectiveness and efficiency of the KYC process.
Must be fluent in German and English
Bachelor's degree in Finance, Economics, Business Administration, or a related field is an advantage.
Prior experience in KYC, EDD, AML, or Compliance roles within the financial services industry.
Good knowledge of the industry best AML practices.
Experience and knowledge of OSINT techniques.
Excellent analytical and investigative skills, with the ability to identify and assess potential risks.
Attention to detail and ability to work accurately within tight deadlines.
Strong written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to present complex information clearly and concisely.
Professional certifications such as Certified Anti-Money Laundering Specialist (CAMS) or equivalent are desirable.
What we offer:
Diversity & Community
With our diversity of skills, perspectives and backgrounds, we can create, innovate, and disrupt like no other. Diversity is part of who we are, and essential to our success.
Ownership & Impact
Here, every voice matters. We’re organized into hundreds of small teams, each run like a start-up, focused on their own problem-space.
Trust & Collaboration
Successes and failures are won together at Klarna in a melting pot of teams. Win, lose, and learn, we’re on this path together.
If you love what you do, you should love where you do it. We appreciate that everyone’s different and has their own preferences of where and how to work. We genuinely believe in the power of regular face-to-face interactions in building close connections with our teams, but we also strongly believe people can work effectively remotely. This means that combining both is the key to success.
At Klarna, You can choose between working from the office, hybrid within your employment country, or even outside of it for up to 20 working days per year. Flex it up!
Challenges & Rewards
We take a very Swedish approach to benefits. Support for parents, health and wellness perks—we’ve got you covered.
Since 2005 Klarna has been on a mission to revolutionize the retail banking industry. With over 150 million global active users and 2 million transactions per day, Klarna is meeting the changing demands of consumers by saving them time and money while helping them be informed and in control. Over 450,000 global retail partners, including H&M, Saks, Sephora, Macys, IKEA, Expedia Group, and Nike have integrated Klarna's innovative technology to deliver a seamless shopping experience online and in-store. Klarna has over 6,000 employees and is active in 45 markets. For more information, visit Klarna.com
It is our commitment that every qualified person will be evaluated according to skills regardless of age, gender, identity, ethnicity, sexual orientation, disability status or religion. Please refrain from including your picture and age with the application.