Financial Risk Manager
Accounting & Finance
Posted on Friday, May 26, 2023
On our path to becoming the world’s favorite way to shop, we’re assembling an unparalleled global talent network, accelerating individual careers, and disrupting entire industries. We are on a mission to liberate humanity from all the meaningless time spent managing their purchases and finances, so they can do more of what they love. We’re in search of global talent eager to embrace our atmosphere and defy their own expectations.
Who you are
We are looking for ambitious people with significant drive! We need problem solvers, initiative takers, people that see opportunities and potential to improve. You should be passionate about your job and enjoy a fast-paced international working environment. You will play an important role in taking Klarna to the next level - thus, you should desire to go above and beyond to deliver and grow as an individual. At Klarna we embrace change, you should dare to challenge the status quo and be persistent in doing so.
What you will do
Your accountability line will be in Risk Control’s Financial Risk Team. Klarna’s Risk Control function serves as the second line of defense, setting the principles and framework for risk management, facilitating risk assessment and performing independent follow-up. We also promote a sound risk management culture - and in this way enable business - by supporting and educating business line managers and staff. We are looking for analysts to join our team!
The Financial Risk team is a global team responsible for independently assessing and reporting on Klarna’s credit, market and liquidity risk exposure. You will work in close collaboration with the first line of defense, advising and guiding the business on the improvement of Klarna’s financial risk management. You will also use your analytical skills to independently assess financial risk and to improve financial risk reporting to senior management and the board.
Day to day will see you:
- Play a role in the team’s responsibility for maintaining and continuously enhancing RIsk Control’s approach to measuring and analyzing financial risk, including counterparty risk arising from payment processing relationships, bank partnerships, and merchant relationships, foreign exchange risk, interest rate risk, and liquidity risk.
- Proactively and effectively communicate with various stakeholders, discussing the root cause of trends, assessing their impact, and proposing solutions/optimizations.
- Lead workshops with senior stakeholders to identify improvement opportunities in Klarna’s risk and control environment.
- Deep dive into identified financial risk trends, working with business stakeholders to understand root cause and propose corrective actions.
- Ensure metrics and strategies are fit for purpose in terms of the current environment and emerging risks (e.g. macro trends).
- Supporting wider business objectives by providing analytical expertise on new products and markets and collaborating closely with other teams where relevant.
- Ensure adequate controls, monitoring and testing programs are in place.
- Developing as a professional in an entrepreneurial organization provides the opportunity to work with your areas of interest.
You should have:
- Experience: 3-5+ years of background from consulting or a first or second line risk team at another bank/fintech focused on counterparty credit risk, liquidity risk, or market risk.
- A degree from a university in Mathematics or a Business field.
- Excellent track record in optimizing business performance and identifying gaps in business strategy, with a focus on financial services, ideally credit risk.
- Significant drive and ambition.
- Experience in using structured approaches to problem-solving.
- Fantastic stakeholder management skills.
- A curious mindset - you’ll be someone who loves to question the why!
- Working proficiency and communication skills in verbal and written English.
Location: London or Stockholm
Please note that we don't offer relocation assistance for this role.
Please send us a CV in this application and we will come back to you as soon as possible if we find your profile relevant for the role.
What we offer:
Diversity & Community
With our diversity of skills, perspectives and backgrounds, we can create, innovate, and disrupt like no other. Diversity is part of who we are, and essential to our success.
Ownership & Impact
Here, every voice matters. We’re organized into hundreds of small teams, each run like a start-up, focused on their own problem-space.
Trust & Collaboration
Successes and failures are won together at Klarna in a melting pot of teams. Win, lose, and learn, we’re on this path together.
If you love what you do, you should love where you do it. We appreciate that everyone’s different and has their own preferences of where and how to work. We genuinely believe in the power of regular face-to-face interactions in building close connections with our teams, but we also strongly believe people can work effectively remotely. This means that combining both is the key to success.
At Klarna, You can choose between working from the office, hybrid within your employment country, or even outside of it for up to 20 working days per year. Flex it up!
Challenges & Rewards
We take a very Swedish approach to benefits. Support for parents, health and wellness perks—we’ve got you covered.
Since 2005 Klarna has been on a mission to revolutionize the retail banking industry. With over 150 million global active users and 2 million transactions per day, Klarna is meeting the changing demands of consumers by saving them time and money while helping them be informed and in control. Over 450,000 global retail partners, including H&M, Saks, Sephora, Macys, IKEA, Expedia Group, and Nike have integrated Klarna's innovative technology to deliver a seamless shopping experience online and in-store. Klarna has over 6,000 employees and is active in 45 markets. For more information, visit Klarna.com
It is our commitment that every qualified person will be evaluated according to skills regardless of age, gender, identity, ethnicity, sexual orientation, disability status or religion. Please refrain from including your picture and age with the application.