Director, Global Vendor Operations
Posted on Thursday, May 11, 2023
On our path to becoming the world’s favorite way to shop, we’re assembling an unparalleled global talent network, accelerating individual careers, and disrupting entire industries. We are on a mission to liberate humanity from all the meaningless time spent managing their purchases and finances, so they can do more of what they love. We’re in search of global talent eager to embrace our atmosphere and defy their own expectations.
About the job.
As the Director, Global Vendor Operations of Customer Operations, you will be pivotal in driving a bias for action culture across multiple BPO sites in a dynamic environment. You will own the relationship, performance management, and overall service delivery for your sites and be the main point of contact between the BPOs and internal business stakeholders. You will partner closely with your stakeholders and BPOs to launch new initiatives, continuously improve the customer experience, and deliver operational excellence and key business outcomes through scalable solutions.
This role can be based in Amsterdam, Berlin, Milan or Barcelona.
- Build a long-term strategic vision and uplift our BPO network capabilities to manage increasingly complex work more effectively, efficiently, and with improved experience outcomes.
- Drive operational compliance, risk management, and mitigation efforts with BPO sites.
- Own daily and weekly BPO performance and KPI management. Actively pursue variance reduction through data-backed action planning.
- Own Klarna's strategic governance team and BPO network globally.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams and stakeholders as a strategic partner and consultant.
- Lead through partnership and timely engagement. Leverage resources and feedback to improve training, quality, and performance management.
- Implement projects and pilot programs to advance performance or business outcomes. Share best practices, feedback, and results with stakeholders and BPO sites as applicable.
What you'll need
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Business Operations or equivalent.
- Minimum of 7 years of work experience in program management, vendor management, or a related field.
- Minimum of 5 years of operations experience or managing outsourced sales/operations programs. (You ran RFP processes and are an expert negotiator).
- Unparalleled business judgment and critical thinking skills, with the ability to use data (exposure to basic SQL) to quickly establish the highest value priorities and develop a strategy to pursue them.
- Customer-obsessed, relentlessly thinking about building an outstanding experience for all our partners and internal customers.
- Experience problem-solving and passion for prioritizing and deconstructing sophisticated problems.
- High-energy and motivational leadership, driven by personal influence with direct staff, peers, and senior leaders across all company functions.
- Organizational and project management expertise, exposure to working in a cross-functional, multi-geography setup.
What we offer:
Diversity & Community
With our diversity of skills, perspectives and backgrounds, we can create, innovate, and disrupt like no other. Diversity is part of who we are, and essential to our success.
Ownership & Impact
Here, every voice matters. We’re organized into hundreds of small teams, each run like a start-up, focused on their own problem-space.
Trust & Collaboration
Successes and failures are won together at Klarna in a melting pot of teams. Win, lose, and learn, we’re on this path together.
If you love what you do, you should love where you do it. We appreciate that everyone’s different and has their own preferences of where and how to work. We genuinely believe in the power of regular face-to-face interactions in building close connections with our teams, but we also strongly believe people can work effectively remotely. This means that combining both is the key to success.
At Klarna, You can choose between working from the office, remotely within your employment country, or even outside of it for up to 20 working days per year. Flex it up!
Challenges & Rewards
We take a very Swedish approach to benefits. Support for parents, health and wellness perks—we’ve got you covered.
Since 2005 Klarna has been on a mission to revolutionize the retail banking industry. With over 150 million global active users and 2 million transactions per day, Klarna is meeting the changing demands of consumers by saving them time and money while helping them be informed and in control. Over 450,000 global retail partners, including H&M, Saks, Sephora, Macys, IKEA, Expedia Group, and Nike have integrated Klarna's innovative technology to deliver a seamless shopping experience online and in-store. Klarna has over 6,000 employees and is active in 45 markets. For more information, visit Klarna.com
It is our commitment that every qualified person will be evaluated according to skills regardless of age, gender, identity, ethnicity, sexual orientation, disability status or religion. Please refrain from including your picture and age with the application.
See more open positions at Klarna
Something looks off?