Business Development Manager
Sales & Business Development
Posted on Thursday, May 11, 2023
On our path to becoming the world’s favorite way to shop, we’re assembling an unparalleled global talent network, accelerating individual careers, and disrupting entire industries. We are on a mission to liberate humanity from all the meaningless time spent managing their purchases and finances, so they can do more of what they love. We’re in search of global talent eager to embrace our atmosphere and defy their own expectations.
Klarna strives to become the world’s favourite way to buy and we want you to help us reach this goal! We want to hire great people, who are passionate about using their talents to generate success. We are currently looking to grow our Partner Success Team in Bucharest, to help achieve our mission in challenging the traditional e-commerce industry and become the world's smooothest shopping partner for merchants and customers alike!
What you will do:
As a Business Developer on our Partner Success Team, you will work in a dynamic environment to accelerate our business and evolve the go-to-market strategy by engaging with our partners, developing our existing accounts, gaining more market share and landing new business opportunities.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Building and executing joint agreed business plans with partners or merchants to drive mutual growth and success
- Working closely with internal analysts, delivery and marketing teams at Klarna to drive enablement and lead generation activities
- Identifying new partnerships or business opportunities, pitch Klarna’s services and close deals
- Building great relationships both on an executive, as well as on an individual level
- Playing an important role in taking Klarna to the next level
- An ambitious person with significant drive to build up new business
- An entrepreneurial individual with a “can-do” mindset
- Courageous - Willing to speak up, make decisions, take calculated risks
- A Detailed Thinker - Passionate and open-minded while meticulous about data and details
- Results-oriented - Able to see beyond their own problem space and dependencies to find solutions
- A challenger - Never misses an opportunity to disrupt the industry and embraces change
- Customer obsessed - Our customers are at the heart of everything we do; their success is our key mission
- Fluent in English and Romanian
Nice to have:
- 4+ years of relevant sales, partner or business development experience within E-commerce or digital marketing & retail
- Bachelor's degree in business or other related fields
- Great presentation and communications skills
What we offer:
Diversity & Community
With our diversity of skills, perspectives and backgrounds, we can create, innovate, and disrupt like no other. Diversity is part of who we are, and essential to our success.
Ownership & Impact
Here, every voice matters. We’re organized into hundreds of small teams, each run like a start-up, focused on their own problem-space.
Trust & Collaboration
Successes and failures are won together at Klarna in a melting pot of teams. Win, lose, and learn, we’re on this path together.
If you love what you do, you should love where you do it. We appreciate that everyone’s different and has their own preferences of where and how to work. We genuinely believe in the power of regular face-to-face interactions in building close connections with our teams, but we also strongly believe people can work effectively remotely. This means that combining both is the key to success.
At Klarna, You can choose between working from the office, remotely within your employment country, or even outside of it for up to 20 working days per year. Flex it up!
Challenges & Rewards
We take a very Swedish approach to benefits. Support for parents, health and wellness perks—we’ve got you covered.
Since 2005 Klarna has been on a mission to revolutionize the retail banking industry. With over 150 million global active users and 2 million transactions per day, Klarna is meeting the changing demands of consumers by saving them time and money while helping them be informed and in control. Over 450,000 global retail partners, including H&M, Saks, Sephora, Macys, IKEA, Expedia Group, and Nike have integrated Klarna's innovative technology to deliver a seamless shopping experience online and in-store. Klarna has over 6,000 employees and is active in 45 markets. For more information, visit Klarna.com
It is our commitment that every qualified person will be evaluated according to skills regardless of age, gender, identity, ethnicity, sexual orientation, disability status or religion. Please refrain from including your picture and age with the application.
See more open positions at Klarna
Something looks off?