People Advisory Specialist
People & HR
Posted on Monday, May 8, 2023
On our path to becoming the world’s favorite way to shop, we’re assembling an unparalleled global talent network, accelerating individual careers, and disrupting entire industries. We are on a mission to liberate humanity from all the meaningless time spent managing their purchases and finances, so they can do more of what they love. We’re in search of global talent eager to embrace our atmosphere and defy their own expectations.
About the job
Klarna is seeking an experienced HR Generalist to join our team at the Berlin office. In this role, you will be responsible for supporting the HR function by partnering with business leaders to provide guidance on HR policies, procedures, and programs.
What you'll do:
- Oversee employees in Central/West Europe (DACH, France, the Netherlands)
- Provide guidance to employees and management
- Advise leads and people teams on employment law and compliance requirements
- Respond to complex human resources-related inquiries that cannot be resolved by the first line of responders (people support)
- Process complaints regarding sexual harassment, discrimination, or other instances of workplace harassment and assist in any necessary investigations and disciplinary actions
- Conduct terminations, exit interviews, and recommend corrective action if necessary
Who you are:
- Bachelor’s degree in human resources, business administration, or a related field
- 2 years of HR generalist or Employee Relations experience (benefits and payroll background is a plus)
- Experience with HRIS systems (ChartHop/Workday are a plus)
- Ability to work both autonomously and collaboratively in a team
- Strong conceptual & problem solving ability, and strong attention to detail
- Willingness to have a diverse set of tasks and responsibilities
What we offer:
Diversity & Community
With our diversity of skills, perspectives and backgrounds, we can create, innovate, and disrupt like no other. Diversity is part of who we are, and essential to our success.
Ownership & Impact
Here, every voice matters. We’re organized into hundreds of small teams, each run like a start-up, focused on their own problem-space.
Trust & Collaboration
Successes and failures are won together at Klarna in a melting pot of teams. Win, lose, and learn, we’re on this path together.
If you love what you do, you should love where you do it. We appreciate that everyone’s different and has their own preferences of where and how to work. We genuinely believe in the power of regular face-to-face interactions in building close connections with our teams, but we also strongly believe people can work effectively remotely. This means that combining both is the key to success.
At Klarna, You can choose between working from the office, remotely within your employment country, or even outside of it for up to 20 working days per year. Flex it up!
Challenges & Rewards
We take a very Swedish approach to benefits. Support for parents, health and wellness perks—we’ve got you covered.
Since 2005 Klarna has been on a mission to revolutionize the retail banking industry. With over 150 million global active users and 2 million transactions per day, Klarna is meeting the changing demands of consumers by saving them time and money while helping them be informed and in control. Over 450,000 global retail partners, including H&M, Saks, Sephora, Macys, IKEA, Expedia Group, and Nike have integrated Klarna's innovative technology to deliver a seamless shopping experience online and in-store. Klarna has over 6,000 employees and is active in 45 markets. For more information, visit Klarna.com
It is our commitment that every qualified person will be evaluated according to skills regardless of age, gender, identity, ethnicity, sexual orientation, disability status or religion. Please refrain from including your picture and age with the application.
See more open positions at Klarna
Something looks off?