Banking Operations Specialist - Payments
Posted on Friday, May 5, 2023
On our path to becoming the world’s favorite way to shop, we’re assembling an unparalleled global talent network, accelerating individual careers, and disrupting entire industries. We are on a mission to liberate humanity from all the meaningless time spent managing their purchases and finances, so they can do more of what they love. We’re in search of global talent eager to embrace our atmosphere and defy their own expectations.
A Banking Operations Specialist is an expert in operations with in-depth process and tooling expertise. The role is in the Payment Operations team, which is part of the Card & Banking Processes and Operations group in Klarna.
The Payment Operations team is the centre of banking expertise for all processes related to our banking customers’ payments and transactions. Their processes include managing SEPA recalls, debit & credit card investigations including chargebacks, monitoring & communication over SWIFT, and many more processes related to consumer transactions. We are in close contact with internal and external stakeholders to offer our customers the best possible experience while ensuring compliance and trustworthiness of our products.
The team acts as a link between our Customer Support teams, empowering them to offer the best possible customer experience, our Product teams, bringing insights and requirements for operational improvements to the discussion as well as our Legal & Compliance teams, to ensure the bank is kept safe.
We are looking for an experienced and motivated employee who will support us in building our processes, empowering our customer support, and operating our daily tasks.
What You’ll Be Doing:
- You are responsible for setting up, executing, documenting and managing banking payment operations processes and workflows, as well as aligning with internal and external stakeholders.
- You will work with our customer service to ensure our day-to-day operations are efficient and compliant, being the first point of contact when detailed questions arise.
- You proactively identify inefficiencies and find opportunities for improvement in our processes, the tools, and the workflows we use and seek ways to make them more efficient, secure, and customer-oriented, while not being scared to challenge the current status quo.
- You will process inquiries and orders from both our customers and internal teams, including related research and decisions, on a case-by-case basis.
- Be aware of risks to keep the bank a safe place.
- You help with the analysis of incidents, with the implementation of workarounds, and formulate solutions to mitigate risks and minimize the impact on our customers.
We’d love to meet someone with:
- You are enthusiastic about operational excellence, process management and passionate about technology, banking and the fintech industry.
- You have experience in managing operational requests efficiently and effectively to deliver the best quality for our customers.
- You have worked with consumer banking transactions and you bring detailed experience in the field of SEPA and/or SWIFT, ideally you have previously been involved in setting up processes such as SEPA credit transfer recall management.
- You have experience acting as a process owner, constantly looking for ways to improve processes, managing process performance and implementing changes with different stakeholders. Ideally you have some first hand experience with methodologies such as Business Process Management, Lean Management or Six Sigma.
- You use your time effectively, are able to prioritise appropriately, and meet deadlines.
- You have a "hands-on" mentality to achieve team success, and work independently and quality and efficiency are important to you.
- You have excellent English language skills, verbally and in writing. German is a plus.
What we offer:
Diversity & Community
With our diversity of skills, perspectives and backgrounds, we can create, innovate, and disrupt like no other. Diversity is part of who we are, and essential to our success.
Ownership & Impact
Here, every voice matters. We’re organized into hundreds of small teams, each run like a start-up, focused on their own problem-space.
Trust & Collaboration
Successes and failures are won together at Klarna in a melting pot of teams. Win, lose, and learn, we’re on this path together.
If you love what you do, you should love where you do it. We appreciate that everyone’s different and has their own preferences of where and how to work. We genuinely believe in the power of regular face-to-face interactions in building close connections with our teams, but we also strongly believe people can work effectively remotely. This means that combining both is the key to success.
At Klarna, You can choose between working from the office, remotely within your employment country, or even outside of it for up to 20 working days per year. Flex it up!
Challenges & Rewards
We take a very Swedish approach to benefits. Support for parents, health and wellness perks—we’ve got you covered.
Since 2005 Klarna has been on a mission to revolutionize the retail banking industry. With over 150 million global active users and 2 million transactions per day, Klarna is meeting the changing demands of consumers by saving them time and money while helping them be informed and in control. Over 450,000 global retail partners, including H&M, Saks, Sephora, Macys, IKEA, Expedia Group, and Nike have integrated Klarna's innovative technology to deliver a seamless shopping experience online and in-store. Klarna has over 6,000 employees and is active in 45 markets. For more information, visit Klarna.com
It is our commitment that every qualified person will be evaluated according to skills regardless of age, gender, identity, ethnicity, sexual orientation, disability status or religion. Please refrain from including your picture and age with the application.
See more open positions at Klarna
Something looks off?