Payroll Specialist (German Market)
Accounting & Finance
Posted on Saturday, April 29, 2023
On our path to becoming the world’s favorite way to shop, we’re assembling an unparalleled global talent network, accelerating individual careers, and disrupting entire industries. We are on a mission to liberate humanity from all the meaningless time spent managing their purchases and finances, so they can do more of what they love. We’re in search of global talent eager to embrace our atmosphere and defy their own expectations.
We are looking for people who are inspired and committed to create a high performing organization and the optimal conditions for people to grow! We will be thrilled to provide you with the right environment and people for you to leverage your expertise to take Klarna’s people experience to the next level.
As a Payroll Specialist at Klarna, you will be responsible for ensuring that payroll for our fast-paced organization is processed accurately, efficiently and in compliance with all relevant laws and regulations. You will be expected to work independently, think critically, and adapt quickly to changing priorities in a dynamic and rapidly growing company. The successful candidate will be self-motivated, detail-oriented, and committed to delivering high-quality work.
- Process payroll for our German Employees
- Ensuring that all calculations are accurate and compliant with all relevant laws and regulations
- Reconcile payroll accounts and prepare necessary journal entries, ensuring that all payroll transactions are accurately recorded in the general ledger
- Ensure compliance with all federal, state, and local payroll tax laws and regulations, including filing payroll tax returns and making timely payroll tax deposits
- Maintain accurate and complete payroll records, including employee information, time and attendance records, and payroll transactions
- Respond to employee inquiries and provide exceptional customer service regarding payroll-related matters, working closely with our HR team to resolve any issues that arise
- Partner with our Finance team to ensure accurate and timely reporting of payroll-related expenses and accruals
- Experience of processing payroll for the German Market
- Bachelor's degree in accounting, finance, or a related field preferred
- At least 3 years of experience in payroll processing and administration, preferably in a fast-paced, high-growth environment
- Strong understanding of federal, state, and local payroll tax laws and regulations, as well as experience working with ADP or similar payroll software
- Excellent attention to detail and organizational skills, with the ability to manage multiple priorities and deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to collaborate effectively with internal and external stakeholders
- Ability to work independently and take ownership of tasks and projects, with a focus on delivering high-quality work
What we offer:
Diversity & Community
With our diversity of skills, perspectives and backgrounds, we can create, innovate, and disrupt like no other. Diversity is part of who we are, and essential to our success.
Ownership & Impact
Here, every voice matters. We’re organized into hundreds of small teams, each run like a start-up, focused on their own problem-space.
Trust & Collaboration
Successes and failures are won together at Klarna in a melting pot of teams. Win, lose, and learn, we’re on this path together.
If you love what you do, you should love where you do it. We appreciate that everyone’s different and has their own preferences of where and how to work. We genuinely believe in the power of regular face-to-face interactions in building close connections with our teams, but we also strongly believe people can work effectively remotely. This means that combining both is the key to success.
At Klarna, You can choose between working from the office, remotely within your employment country, or even outside of it for up to 20 working days per year. Flex it up!
Challenges & Rewards
We take a very Swedish approach to benefits. Support for parents, health and wellness perks—we’ve got you covered.
Since 2005 Klarna has been on a mission to revolutionize the retail banking industry. With over 150 million global active users and 2 million transactions per day, Klarna is meeting the changing demands of consumers by saving them time and money while helping them be informed and in control. Over 450,000 global retail partners, including H&M, Saks, Sephora, Macys, IKEA, Expedia Group, and Nike have integrated Klarna's innovative technology to deliver a seamless shopping experience online and in-store. Klarna has over 6,000 employees and is active in 45 markets. For more information, visit Klarna.com
It is our commitment that every qualified person will be evaluated according to skills regardless of age, gender, identity, ethnicity, sexual orientation, disability status or religion. Please refrain from including your picture and age with the application.
See more open positions at Klarna
Something looks off?