Merchant Technical Support Specialist
IT, Customer Service
Columbus, OH, USA
Posted on Wednesday, April 5, 2023
On our path to becoming the world’s favorite way to shop, we’re assembling an unparalleled global talent network, accelerating individual careers, and disrupting entire industries. We are on a mission to liberate humanity from all the meaningless time spent managing their purchases and finances, so they can do more of what they love. We’re in search of global talent eager to embrace our atmosphere and defy their own expectations.
As the Technical Support Specialist, you’ll be responsible for day to day delivery of the support desk service. Under the guidance of the Technical Support Manager you will work with our 24/7 support 1st line Support team, 2nd line Support engineers and key stakeholders in providing guidance as well as escalation support for issues.
You’ll also be responsible for ensuring any reported bugs are resolved, and be the first point of contact for any priority 1 issues.
Our support desk is in close contact with the user base, and is often used by our product teams to provide feedback on what our users are experiencing. You’ll keep an eye out for trends in tickets and provide regular updates to key stakeholders in the business.
- Working with a third party 1st line technical support team and support engineers to resolve user issues and requests
- Function as the point of escalation for any issues that cannot be resolved by first line support
- Identifying trends in issues and potential system wide degradations / outages
- Prepare and present common issues & requests back to the business with recommendations for efficiency
- Recognising incidents and escalating to the correct product teams to resolve
- Managing investigation and resolution of bug tickets through Jira, including evaluating all tickets raised to development have all required information and are ready for investigation and resolution
- Providing updates in line with internal SLAs
- Ensuring clear and consistent communication between product teams, partnership success teams, and support teams
- Become a product expert, able to explain the ins and outs of Virtual Shopping platform to any user who writes in for assistance
- Assist clients by updating their configuration settings via tooling
- Champion the quality of (Merchant Support) support by maintaining KPIs
- Assist Technical Support Manager in creating documentation pertaining to troubleshooting and usage
- Assist with the creation of reporting to track key trends and service performance.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills and attention to detail
- The ability to stay calm under pressure with superb organizational skills
- A technical mind able to grasp the issues and explain them and their solutions to non-technical stakeholders
- Experience with Zendesk/Freshdesk or other customer support software
- Experience using Jira for workflow and defect management is preferred
- Skills to be adaptable in order to understand and service other support functions in the wider business.
- Capacity to self start and work independently
What we offer:
Diversity & Community
With our diversity of skills, perspectives and backgrounds, we can create, innovate, and disrupt like no other. Diversity is part of who we are, and essential to our success.
Ownership & Impact
Here, every voice matters. We’re organized into hundreds of small teams, each run like a start-up, focused on their own problem-space.
Trust & Collaboration
Successes and failures are won together at Klarna in a melting pot of teams. Win, lose, and learn, we’re on this path together.
If you love what you do, you should love where you do it. We appreciate that everyone’s different and has their own preferences of where and how to work. We genuinely believe in the power of regular face-to-face interactions in building close connections with our teams, but we also strongly believe people can work effectively remotely. This means that combining both is the key to success.
At Klarna, You can choose between working from the office, remotely within your employment country, or even outside of it for up to 20 working days per year. Flex it up!
Challenges & Rewards
We take a very Swedish approach to benefits. Support for parents, health and wellness perks—we’ve got you covered.
Since 2005 Klarna has been on a mission to revolutionize the retail banking industry. With over 150 million global active users and 2 million transactions per day, Klarna is meeting the changing demands of consumers by saving them time and money while helping them be informed and in control. Over 450,000 global retail partners, including H&M, Saks, Sephora, Macys, IKEA, Expedia Group, and Nike have integrated Klarna's innovative technology to deliver a seamless shopping experience online and in-store. Klarna has over 6,000 employees and is active in 45 markets. For more information, visit Klarna.com
It is our commitment that every qualified person will be evaluated according to skills regardless of age, gender, identity, ethnicity, sexual orientation, disability status or religion. Please refrain from including your picture and age with the application.
See more open positions at Klarna
Something looks off?