Copywriter & Creative Translator - German Speaking
Marketing & Communications
Posted on Monday, March 27, 2023
On our path to becoming the world’s favorite way to shop, we’re assembling an unparalleled global talent network, accelerating individual careers, and disrupting entire industries. We are on a mission to liberate humanity from all the meaningless time spent managing their purchases and finances, so they can do more of what they love. We’re in search of global talent eager to embrace our atmosphere and defy their own expectations.
Our Card & Banking products team are looking for a talented copywriter to write copy and act as a localization expert for the DACH region. You will be responsible for spearheading the translations and adaptation strategy, as well as signing off and/or writing all German marketing copy. The copy and translations should be syndicated, transcreated, and localized in such a way that it speaks to local consumers, while supercharging audience engagement and growth across channels.
- Manage and write the German copy for our Card & Banking products, including but not limited to product texts such as landing pages, CRM, toolkits, etc
- Work in close collaboration with our product designers and owners to translate their vision into copy
- Collaborate with content designers to match in product (DE) experience and language with marketing copy
- Be proactively involved in the early stages of product or feature development to produce content ideation accordingly
- Continually test and improve our communication and challenge convention
- Work closely with our product and marketing teams in order to develop a vision for how copy and localization should evolve for the DACH region
- Responsible for localizing and translating Klarna’s marketing copy to a high quality, ensuring content is both culturally adapted and locally relevant
- Collaborate with our DACH Localisation team to develop the principles and style guides around content sharing and localisation for German-language content
- Edit, proof, and creatively adapt German-language marketing content in such a way that regional products/features, microeconomics, local laws or legal guidelines, as well as unique consumer behaviours are taken into account
- Aid in the design and implementation of localisation and copy best-practices for your market and responsible products
- Be a local expert with a global vision. Stay abreast of localization and SEO best-practices.
- Mother tongue German and good fluency in English
- Meticulous attention to detail, comfortable with final copy sign-off responsibilities across multiple channels.
- Strong marketing copywriting, transcreation, and editing skills
- Flair for turning complicated subjects into something emotionally or creatively relevant for consumers
- An in-depth knowledge of current cultural context, lifestyle trends, and shifts in pop culture, current affairs, the financial ecosystem and journalistic style within your region as well as globally
- Comfortable in utilising data and product insights in order to help shape the content and localization
- Ability to proactively prioritize, manage and complete multiple projects within time constraints and with strong attention to detail
- Experience working in the financial sector is preferred
- Experience in marketing operations, project management or programme management
- Knowledge of cultural and linguistic differences within the DACH region is a plus.
Previous work and/or portfolios are more than welcome to submit alongside your CV.
What we offer:
Diversity & Community
With our diversity of skills, perspectives and backgrounds, we can create, innovate, and disrupt like no other. Diversity is part of who we are, and essential to our success.
Ownership & Impact
Here, every voice matters. We’re organized into hundreds of small teams, each run like a start-up, focused on their own problem-space.
Trust & Collaboration
Successes and failures are won together at Klarna in a melting pot of teams. Win, lose, and learn, we’re on this path together.
If you love what you do, you should love where you do it. We appreciate that everyone’s different and has their own preferences of where and how to work. We genuinely believe in the power of regular face-to-face interactions in building close connections with our teams, but we also strongly believe people can work effectively remotely. This means that combining both is the key to success.
At Klarna, You can choose between working from the office, remotely within your employment country, or even outside of it for up to 20 working days per year. Flex it up!
Challenges & Rewards
We take a very Swedish approach to benefits. Support for parents, health and wellness perks—we’ve got you covered.
Since 2005 Klarna has been on a mission to revolutionize the retail banking industry. With over 150 million global active users and 2 million transactions per day, Klarna is meeting the changing demands of consumers by saving them time and money while helping them be informed and in control. Over 450,000 global retail partners, including H&M, Saks, Sephora, Macys, IKEA, Expedia Group, and Nike have integrated Klarna's innovative technology to deliver a seamless shopping experience online and in-store. Klarna has over 6,000 employees and is active in 45 markets. For more information, visit Klarna.com
It is our commitment that every qualified person will be evaluated according to skills regardless of age, gender, identity, ethnicity, sexual orientation, disability status or religion. Please refrain from including your picture and age with the application.
See more open positions at Klarna
Something looks off?