Senior Compliance Specialist
Columbus, OH, USA
Posted on Tuesday, March 14, 2023
On our path to becoming the world’s favorite way to shop, we’re assembling an unparalleled global talent network, accelerating individual careers, and disrupting entire industries. We are on a mission to liberate humanity from all the meaningless time spent managing their purchases and finances, so they can do more of what they love. We’re in search of global talent eager to embrace our atmosphere and defy their own expectations.
Do you want to be part of an international, growing Compliance team, working for one of Europe’s largest FinTech/disrupter-banks, that wants to revolutionize the financial industry? Klarna is looking for new members to strengthen its Compliance team. As a member of our Legal Competence you should always first ask yourself, “What’s best for the company? Couldn’t we do it in another better way instead?” Your expertise and your never ending desire to learn more will drive your professional development. You are in the driver’s seat!
Key responsibilities include:
- Supporting the Compliance Team in their activities, including administration of Klarna's Compliance Management System (CMS) and communication with regulators as needed (e.g. registering regulatory engagement, and preparing regulatory notifications and reports) and coordination (e.g. obtaining responses to regulatory requests for information)
- Creating and updating guidelines, policies, instructions and routines within the compliance field
- Monitoring regulatory developments within Klarna’s business areas
- Interpreting and implementing new and modified regulations
- Advising the business on all compliance-related matters
- Sharing knowledge and educating on regulatory requirements, and contributing to ongoing competence throughout Klarna by providing information and training
- Tracking and reviewing Klarna’s adherence to regulations and ensuring good compliance governance within the business
- Preventing and identifying compliance risks, and preparing risk analyses
- Taking part in development projects for new products and services
- Preparing, implementing, and maintaining compliance plans
- Preparing and coordinating internal and external reports
- Supporting Klarna’s BSA/AML program
- Finding creative and efficient solutions to carry out compliance functions
- Thriving in an agile, dynamic environment, and being your best self in an ever changing and growing team
- 3+ years relevant work experience within the financial services sector
- legal education and experience is a huge plus
- proven excellence in interacting with internal business teams and stakeholders
- experience with change management, issue management, consumer complaints, monitoring and testing, evaluating policies and procedures, drafting risk assessments, writing compliance training, vendor management, and regulatory intelligence surveillance
- ability to work from Columbus office 2 days a week
- conducting ongoing compliance monitoring and testing
- knowledge and/or experience with relevant legislation and regulation is an asset (including, but not limited to, Truth-in-Lending Act, Equal Credit Opportunity Act, Fair Credit Reporting Act, Dodd-Frank Act & UDAAP, Servicemembers Civil Relief Act, Military Lending Act, Telephone Consumer Protection Act, Electronic Funds TransferAct, Electronic Signatures in Global and National Commerce Act, Bank Secrecy Act, and Patriot Act)
- and most importantly – you should be passionate about compliance
Klarna Inc utilizes E-Verify for validating the ability to work in the United States for all job candidates. If you want more information on what this entails and your rights as a job applicant, please use the link provided to access information on our use of E-Verify and your right to work. Employer Resources (e-verify.gov)
What we offer:
Diversity & Community
With our diversity of skills, perspectives and backgrounds, we can create, innovate, and disrupt like no other. Diversity is part of who we are, and essential to our success.
Ownership & Impact
Here, every voice matters. We’re organized into hundreds of small teams, each run like a start-up, focused on their own problem-space.
Trust & Collaboration
Successes and failures are won together at Klarna in a melting pot of teams. Win, lose, and learn, we’re on this path together.
If you love what you do, you should love where you do it. We appreciate that everyone’s different and has their own preferences of where and how to work. We genuinely believe in the power of regular face-to-face interactions in building close connections with our teams, but we also strongly believe people can work effectively remotely. This means that combining both is the key to success.
At Klarna, You can choose between working from the office, hybrid within your employment country, or even outside of it for up to 20 working days per year. Flex it up!
Challenges & Rewards
We take a very Swedish approach to benefits. Support for parents, health and wellness perks—we’ve got you covered.
Since 2005 Klarna has been on a mission to revolutionize the retail banking industry. With over 150 million global active users and 2 million transactions per day, Klarna is meeting the changing demands of consumers by saving them time and money while helping them be informed and in control. Over 450,000 global retail partners, including H&M, Saks, Sephora, Macys, IKEA, Expedia Group, and Nike have integrated Klarna's innovative technology to deliver a seamless shopping experience online and in-store. Klarna has over 6,000 employees and is active in 45 markets. For more information, visit Klarna.com
It is our commitment that every qualified person will be evaluated according to skills regardless of age, gender, identity, ethnicity, sexual orientation, disability status or religion. Please refrain from including your picture and age with the application.