AML Investigator - German Speaking
Posted on Saturday, February 18, 2023
On our path to becoming the world’s favorite way to shop, we’re assembling an unparalleled global talent network, accelerating individual careers, and disrupting entire industries. We are on a mission to liberate humanity from all the meaningless time spent managing their purchases and finances, so they can do more of what they love. We’re in search of global talent eager to embrace our atmosphere and defy their own expectations.
What you will be doing:
As an investigator you will be performing operational AML/CTF investigations of end-consumer activity that has raised concerns for potential financial crimes, and prepare the groundwork for potential Suspicious Activity Reporting. Your focus will be Anti-Money Laundering/Counter-Terrorist Financing in the 1st line of defense - performing compliance related operational tasks such as;
- Conduct timely and accurate in-depth investigations into any and all escalated observations of deviant behavior indicative of money laundering or terrorist financing.
- Assess and escalate investigations resulting in the knowledge or suspicion of potential money laundering/terrorism financing to the relevant MLROs in a prompt and appropriate manner.
- Provide Authorities with structured and accurate intelligence when requested.
You will work in a global team and in close collaboration with internal stakeholders throughout both the 1st and 2nd line of defense.
You should get in touch with us if you:
- Have relevant experience from working within FinTech, Banking, or Financial institutions;
- Have relevant experience with AML regulatory work
- Possess relevant AML certifications (desirable): CAMS certifications and ICA certifications
- Are fluent in both English and German.
In order to be successful in this role, we believe that you will have:
- Up-to-date knowledge of relevant AML and CTF typologies and regulatory obligations:
- Good knowledge of the Financial Service Industry (e-commerce, BNPL, Retail Banking products and services etc., including how such could potentially be abused for financial crimes);
- Analytical skills for the efficient collation and processing of large sets of intelligence and data;
- Critical thinking skills and the ability to think outside the box (”street smart”) - not accept data or intelligence at face value;
- Strong attention to detail, and the ability to efficiently detect patterns and deviations;
- Computer and OSINT literacy
- Data management, SQL (desirable),
- JIRA, or equivalent case management system,
- Google and social media, and other open sources;
- Excellent communication skills both in written and verbal communication:
- English fluent proficiency (required),
- German fluent proficiency (required).
What we offer:
Diversity & Community
With our diversity of skills, perspectives and backgrounds, we can create, innovate, and disrupt like no other. Diversity is part of who we are, and essential to our success.
Ownership & Impact
Here, every voice matters. We’re organized into hundreds of small teams, each run like a start-up, focused on their own problem-space.
Trust & Collaboration
Successes and failures are won together at Klarna in a melting pot of teams. Win, lose, and learn, we’re on this path together.
If you love what you do, you should love where you do it. We appreciate that everyone’s different and has their own preferences of where and how to work. We genuinely believe in the power of regular face-to-face interactions in building close connections with our teams, but we also strongly believe people can work effectively remotely. This means that combining both is the key to success.
At Klarna, You can choose between working from the office, remotely within your employment country, or even outside of it for up to 20 working days per year. Flex it up!
Challenges & Rewards
We take a very Swedish approach to benefits. Support for parents, health and wellness perks—we’ve got you covered.
Since 2005 Klarna has been on a mission to revolutionize the retail banking industry. With over 150 million global active users and 2 million transactions per day, Klarna is meeting the changing demands of consumers by saving them time and money while helping them be informed and in control. Over 450,000 global retail partners, including H&M, Saks, Sephora, Macys, IKEA, Expedia Group, and Nike have integrated Klarna's innovative technology to deliver a seamless shopping experience online and in-store. Klarna has over 6,000 employees and is active in 45 markets. For more information, visit Klarna.com
It is our commitment that every qualified person will be evaluated according to skills regardless of age, gender, identity, ethnicity, sexual orientation, disability status or religion. Please refrain from including your picture and age with the application.
See more open positions at Klarna
Something looks off?