Posted on Tuesday, January 10, 2023
Engineering at Klarna is an inspired, customer focused community, dedicated to crafting solutions that redefine our industry. Working in small, highly collaborative Agile teams, you and your team will have a clear mission and ownership of an important outcome that supports Klarna and our customers. At Klarna we optimize for quality, flow, fast feedback, focussing on end-to-end ownership, continuous improvement, testing, monitoring and experimentation. We aim for teams that are inclusive, helpful, and have a strong sense of ownership for the things they build. Our engineers make some of the most significant decisions for the company and we are looking for bold, open and curious developers.
Want to be part of the change? We're expanding several of our engineering teams, including; teams working on our core checkout product, payment services, fraud prevention, or improving our billing service and shipping credentials to name a few.
What you’ll get to do:
- Own services end to end. Decide how best to build, test, deploy and monitor
- Work with large scale, highly available and resilient modern financial systems
- Be an integral part of a team, in addition to its culture and ways of working. Common practices include agile methodologies, pair and mob programming
- Work with automated deployment enabling code release multiple times a day
- Succeed, fail, and learn together with other talented people. We believe in an environment that provides an opportunity for growth and see education as an outcome of failure that gets us closer to the next breakthrough
- Take ownership of system design, collaborate with domain architects, own end-to-end problems, manage stakeholder communication, and mentor junior engineers
- Drive knowledge sharing through demos, presentations, and tutorials
To succeed in this role, we think you should have:
- Experience with APIs and product development
- A passion for writing clean and testable code
- Experience with Agile practices (Pairing, TDD, BDD, Continuous Integration, Continuous Delivery)Working proficiency in English
Some of the technologies you’ll get to work with:
- React and React Native
- Node.js and Express.js
- AWS, Splunk, Ansible, Terraform, Jenkins, Docker and Kubernetes
* We understand some people might not feel they tick every box (ie coming from a non-JS background). But if you're excited about the prospect of joining Klarna and believe you can add value, we'd still love to hear from you.
How to apply: please send us your CV or LinkedIn profile in English.
Relocation: Unfortunately we do not offer relocation support for these roles but we would be happy to provide visa support when necessary.
See more open positions at Klarna
Something looks off?