Business Development Manager - Shanghai
Sales & Business Development
Posted on Saturday, December 3, 2022
On our path to becoming the world’s favorite way to shop, we’re assembling an unparalleled global talent network, accelerating individual careers, and disrupting entire industries. We are on a mission to liberate humanity from all the meaningless time spent managing their purchases and finances, so they can do more of what they love. We’re in search of global talent eager to embrace our atmosphere and defy their own expectations.
Klarna strives to become the world’s favourite way to buy and we want you to help us reach this goal! We want to hire great people, who are passionate about using their talents to generate success. We are currently looking to grow a few of our Commercial teams in China to help achieve our mission to challenge the traditional e-commerce industry and become the world's smooothest shopping partner for merchants and customers alike!
What you will do
We have a few teams that are growing at the moment and looking for new colleagues to join us. As part of our Commercial teams, you will work in a dynamic environment to accelerate our business and evolve the go-to market strategy by engaging with our partners, developing our existing accounts or breaking new ground and gaining more market shares and new business opportunities.
Your tasks may include:
- Building and executing joint agreed business plans with partners or merchants to drive mutual growth and success
- Working closely with internal analysts, delivery and marketing teams at Klarna to drive enablement and lead generation activities.
- Identifying new partnerships or business opportunities, pitch Klarna’s services and close deals
- Building great relationships both on an executive, as well as on an individual level.
- Playing an important role in taking Klarna to the next level!
- An ambitious person with significant drive to build up new business
- An entrepreneurial individual with a “can-do” mindset
- Courageous - Willing to speak up, make decisions, and take calculated risks
- A Detailed Thinker - Passionate and open-minded while meticulous about data and details
- Results-oriented - Able to see beyond their own problem space and dependencies to find solutions
- A challenger- Never misses an opportunity to disrupt the industry and embraces change
- Customer obsessed - Our customers are at the heart of everything we do; their success is our key mission
- If you like a high paced and rapidly expanding growth-company with lots of opportunities for your own career, this could be your first step into an amazing career at Klarna-Sales. Are you interested in becoming our next Sales Klarnaut? Then you are welcome to apply!
You should have:
- 3+ years of relevant sales, partner or business development experience within E-commerce or digital marketing & retail
- Bachelor's degree in business or other related fields.
- Great presentation and communications skills.
- Fluency in written English.
Your personality, motivation and competitive spirit is what matters most. If you have a winner-mentality, a desire to learn new things to drive great customer, and partner experiences, we would like to talk to you.)
What we offer:
Diversity & Community
With our diversity of skills, perspectives and backgrounds, we can create, innovate, and disrupt like no other. Diversity is part of who we are, and essential to our success.
Ownership & Impact
Here, every voice matters. We’re organized into hundreds of small teams, each run like a start-up, focused on their own problem-space.
Trust & Collaboration
Successes and failures are won together at Klarna in a melting pot of teams. Win, lose, and learn, we’re on this path together.
If you love what you do, you should love where you do it. We appreciate that everyone’s different and has their own preferences of where and how to work. We genuinely believe in the power of regular face-to-face interactions in building close connections with our teams, but we also strongly believe people can work effectively remotely. This means that combining both is the key to success.
At Klarna, You can choose between working from the office, hybrid within your employment country, or even outside of it for up to 20 working days per year. Flex it up!
Challenges & Rewards
We take a very Swedish approach to benefits. Support for parents, health and wellness perks—we’ve got you covered.
Since 2005 Klarna has been on a mission to revolutionize the retail banking industry. With over 150 million global active users and 2 million transactions per day, Klarna is meeting the changing demands of consumers by saving them time and money while helping them be informed and in control. Over 450,000 global retail partners, including H&M, Saks, Sephora, Macys, IKEA, Expedia Group, and Nike have integrated Klarna's innovative technology to deliver a seamless shopping experience online and in-store. Klarna has over 6,000 employees and is active in 45 markets. For more information, visit Klarna.com
It is our commitment that every qualified person will be evaluated according to skills regardless of age, gender, identity, ethnicity, sexual orientation, disability status or religion. Please refrain from including your picture and age with the application.