Business Development Manager - Shanghai
Sales & Business Development
Posted on Saturday, December 3, 2022
On our path to becoming the world’s favorite way to shop, we’re assembling an unparalleled global talent network, accelerating individual careers, and disrupting entire industries. We are on a mission to liberate humanity from all the meaningless time spent managing their purchases and finances, so they can do more of what they love. We’re in search of global talent eager to embrace our atmosphere and defy their own expectations.
We are looking for young blood to help us deep dive a few key industries in China. Your job is to help articulate our targeted industry verticals and feed our global M&A and product team with learnings from how the best companies strategise and execute in the most fast-moving and competitive market in the world.
- Articulate a few key industries in China, Ecommerce, general internet industry, mobile payment, DTC brands (selling global and local), and more.
- Build and Maintain relationships with the network of the top companies in our targeted industry and intermediaries.
- Performing industry and trend research, market analysis, product analysis, and market sizingCreate reports and help our global M&A and product team understand the top-notch player’s playbook, from the past, present and future.
- Support building investment memorandum to support the M&A acquisition to our investment committee.
- Work with M&A business development specialists to ensure acquisition opportunities are being effectively nurtured and appropriately escalated to the M&A team.
- Help develop and execute of our China M & A strategy.
Skills and Experience
- Good understanding of our key target verticals
- Strong analytical and quantitative problem-solving skills
- Highly inquisitive and a fast learner
- Fluent in Mandarin and English
- Exceptional organisational, written and verbal communication skills
- Self-starter with ability to take ownership and initiatives to get things done
- Strong academic record from undergraduate and/or graduate degree
- Experience with working experience in English speaking countries is a plus
What we offer:
Diversity & Community
With our diversity of skills, perspectives and backgrounds, we can create, innovate, and disrupt like no other. Diversity is part of who we are, and essential to our success.
Ownership & Impact
Here, every voice matters. We’re organized into hundreds of small teams, each run like a start-up, focused on their own problem-space.
Trust & Collaboration
Successes and failures are won together at Klarna in a melting pot of teams. Win, lose, and learn, we’re on this path together.
If you love what you do, you should love where you do it. We appreciate that everyone’s different and has their own preferences of where and how to work. We genuinely believe in the power of regular face-to-face interactions in building close connections with our teams, but we also strongly believe people can work effectively remotely. This means that combining both is the key to success.
At Klarna, You can choose between working from the office, remotely within your employment country, or even outside of it for up to 20 working days per year. Flex it up!
Challenges & Rewards
We take a very Swedish approach to benefits. Support for parents, health and wellness perks—we’ve got you covered.
Since 2005 Klarna has been on a mission to revolutionize the retail banking industry. With over 150 million global active users and 2 million transactions per day, Klarna is meeting the changing demands of consumers by saving them time and money while helping them be informed and in control. Over 450,000 global retail partners, including H&M, Saks, Sephora, Macys, IKEA, Expedia Group, and Nike have integrated Klarna's innovative technology to deliver a seamless shopping experience online and in-store. Klarna has over 6,000 employees and is active in 45 markets. For more information, visit Klarna.com
It is our commitment that every qualified person will be evaluated according to skills regardless of age, gender, identity, ethnicity, sexual orientation, disability status or religion. Please refrain from including your picture and age with the application.
See more open positions at Klarna
Something looks off?